IJN Mikasa by Salty Dog - FINISHED - Wave Models - 1/200 - PLASTIC - W/Pontos PE

2 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Thanks Kevin.  I didn't really keep a steady log.  Once I get working, I forget to even pick up a camera, much less take pictures.  I usually take pics as I finish each sub-assembly.  I admire those that seem to have built in cameras in their eyes.  If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them if I can.

I have been a member of this Website for a long time.  But it was almost always wooden ships. I got pulled into the dark side by the availability of photo etch kits. I saw one and just had to do it.  I love detail and shiny stuff haha.  So I was posting on another website that caters mostly to plastic kits and recently realized they were showing up here too, so I will post here.

Take care Keven.

i take lots of photo's but dont tend to get as much modelling done as i would like, i have been trying to decide what way i want to go, but seam to have found myself in large scale doing something different, the Victory will have a dry dock built for her this summer, my current build will be a cutaway, like the partly built SD14, and i would love to do a 1/30 ish Flower Class Corvette  or Ton Class Sweeper that way to keep me happy for when i retire in a couple of years

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

10 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

So sorry things have been difficult lately for you. If I had known, I'd keep my mouth shut. Hope you get better and better.

I suppose I should have put a smiley face in there somewhere. My comments were meant to be somewhat a joke even though they are also pretty much true at the same time. While the last few months have been challenging at times and things around the house are falling apart, and I am getting older all of the sudden, it has not really been that bad. We all face our challenges every day and mine could be FAR worse. 

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

12 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Hi Lou!

Nice to meet you! Thank you very much for the nice words. You can call me anything you like haha. So sorry things have been difficult lately for you. If I had known, I'd keep my mouth shut. Hope you get better and better.

See you around!

Ed

No reason for us to feel sorry for 'ol Lou. He's tougher than woodpecker lips I guarantee you that. 😃 Just kidding with you Lou. You know we're all pulling for you for a complete and speedy recovery.

Hey Ed...the more I look at it and think about it, that brass potentially tarnishing will just give an added patina that will just enhance the model over time. In any event, she is a striking model to see, a real beauty. It requires 'near perfection' to display a finished model the way you've done it. Paint covers a multitude of sin, and your model is laid bare and visible. Excellent!

Funny you say that.  My daughter was looking at it and said the same thing.  She said she loved the "aging" brass, vs the "new" one. The one thing I really hate is how easily fingerprints show up!  Really nice and clear!  I have to keep washing my hands and wiping my fingers with alcohol to keep the grease off!

Edited by Salty Dog

• The title was changed to IJN Mikasa by Salty Dog - FINISHED - Wave Models - 1/200 - PLASTIC - W/Pontos PE