I'm out of the hospital an back home

mtdoramike

Mike,

Get on the mend,  change lifestyle, diet right foods and exercise I am sure your hospital and insurance pays for cardiac re-hab don't ignore the rehab.

Had a quintuple in 2003 and 3 stents shortly thereafter. Now 71 aok

Did what Dr. ordered lived at the foot of the cross on the diet and exercise, even with a crippled back can do beneficial workouts.

Hang in there you'll do just fine;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I was in the process of looking for something to build to occupy my time while mending, a little something to piddle with, but found out I might have to go back into the hospital for fluid build up in the lungs and around the heart. Jezzz, if it aint one thing it's another.

mike

Mike

Tell me what you want to build during your recovery. I have a lot of stuff around here I am not using, so I would love to send you something that you would love to do. PM me and tell me what you would like. I may have it. There's probably a very good chance I have it, or something very similar to it. 🙂

20 hours ago, CDW said:

Mike

Tell me what you want to build during your recovery. I have a lot of stuff around here I am not using, so I would love to send you something that you would love to do. PM me and tell me what you would like. I may have it. There's probably a very good chance I have it, or something very similar to it. 🙂

Thanks for the offer CD, I went in yesterday and fortunately the fluid has seemed to absorb back into the body and if it continues then no readmittance into the hospital for draining tubes, OUCH. My white blood cell count was slightly elevated which shows signs of an infection so they put me on antibiotics for that. Rehab has been postponed due to these setbacks, but hopefully I will be able to partake of the cardio rehab soon. I have a couple of build offers, one is a Sterling Century Sea Maid 20' mahogany runabout that someone started and never finished, from what I could tell the previous work looks decent. I'm quite looking forward to it, I LOVE these old 1950's kits, I hate to see a kit like that started and then kicked around from pillar to post for 50 years and no one take the time to finish it.

The same fellow also has a Victory tug boat he's wanting built. But I'm not committing to anything yet until I see how things go. I've done been told by my doctor "don't go expecting to much to soon, it can take up to 6 months to really start getting back into the swing of things.

I'll keep your offer in mind CD if these other things fall through.

mike 

Thanks CD, I just picked up a Dumas 1930 24' mahogany runabout, the hull has been partially built. I hate to see these old kits passed from pillar to post and no one wanting to take the time to finish it. I probably paid a bit more for it than I should have, but I figured what the heck, it give me something to piddle with and look forward to as well along with a couple other projects.   

s-l1600.jpg

Got through my first day of cardio rehab. They put me through my passes for sure and it felt great to get off my back and actually doing something a little physical.

I also picked up another project, A Dumas USS Crockett kit. I'll be posting this one for sale once I finish it. I promised my wife that I will build them and then find them good homes. This one will be radio controlled as well.

mike 

crocket.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My first week of rehab didn't go so well, my blood pressure was running quite high, so after only two rehab sessions, they stopped the rehab sessions and told me not to come back until my blood pressure was regulated. So waiting on my cardiologist to return from vacation to see what they are going to do. Man I just can't catch a break hahahahaha.

mike

Edited by mtdoramike

Well as far as spirits go, I haven't been able to partake of any of that yet with all the meds that I'm on😁I think it's hilarious that I felt better and I could physically do more BEFORE the triple bypass surgery than I do now or can now about 7 weeks post surgery with less issues. Some say it can take 6 months to a year before you really start realizing the benefits of the surgery, but right now I'm wondering.

But unfortunately I'm not in control of this boat, I'm just along for the ride. 

Gidday Mike.

I am saddened to hear of your health issues. I have come in late as I have been crook myself for a couple of weeks. As far as the rehab goes I believe your body will let you know when it's time to begin and how you are progressing. Get yourself right and then begin rehab, if your body is not ready it can set you back a long way.

I wish you and your family nothing but the best and also to you personally a speedy recovery.

Mark.