there are some issues we have no hands on and somehow the default theme decided not to load it's css files .. hmpf .... but after re uploading the theme and adjusting the customisations it seems to work again ... I hate this, my wife has birthday ... so she hates me too ... haha.

I've had it all along until Sunday,  still not there.  The square on the lower right is empty.  Using Explorer 11. 

Bob W

Bob,

If you can, use a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome.   I'm using Chrome and it works perfectly.  IE11 has been giving me fits on other sites some I'm slowly moving over to using the other browsers.  

I can confirm there are issues with IE11. Only and best solution: Switch to Firefox or Chrome!

IE11 is 20 years old, no development since 2015, no modern web standards. A nightmare for every web developer since ages and a major security risk in every company (forbidden to use external in the companies I consult!). 

As a sidenote Microsoft is switching to Chromium Engine with Edge Explorer 😉

OK,  How do I download a safe copy.  About two years ago I tried to install Chrome from a Google site,  it was infested with a virus.  Trend Micro worked with me for two days to clean my desk top. 

Bob W

2 hours ago, oneslim said:

OK,  How do I download a safe copy.  About two years ago I tried to install Chrome from a Google site,  it was infested with a virus. 

Pretty sure you did not downloaded from a google but a phishing site. Anyway check here: https://www.google.com/intl/en_en/chrome/

You can check Firefox too though.

Dirk

Edit: The IPS Default theme seems to work with IE11.

Posted (edited)

I've had the same "disappearing thumbs up icon" problem on my IE hardware. I brought up MSW on Google Chrome and the thumb is back. 

The "like" icon doesn't appear when accessed from Bing, either.

Still and all, there's no reason the "like" icon should not still appear when MSW is accessed via IE. It was doing just fine before the recent "glitch." I wouldn't be surprised if a toggle needs to be switched or something.  It would be nice not to have to go through Chrome to access MSW now.

For any number of reasons, I'm just not a big fan of Google. I suppose there are as many opinions on that as there are people, but Google, while once a very useful search engine, is now so littered with advertising, it takes three or four times as much time to find what you're looking for. Particularly with product searches, it's a royal pain to have to scroll through eight or twelve advertisements, many of which have nothing to do with what you are looking for (Amazon is the worst offender, followed by any number of imitators) before you ever find the manufacturer's website. And, of course, they are "data mining" you every time you look for anything to target pop-up ads aimed at you. I get it that it's their business model and it's like commercials on TV, but they ought to wise up. Broadcast TV lost a huge market share to cable subscription media for the same reason.

Okay... Rant over.

Edited by Bob Cleek

41 minutes ago, Bob Cleek said:

Google, while once a very useful search engine, is not so littered with advertising, it takes three or four times as much time to find what you're looking for. Particularly with product searches

Hey Bob, you might want to consider trying DuckDuckGo instead. It is the only search engine that I have been using for several years and it is pretty OK.

DuckDuckGo

Chrome does allow "Adblock" to run.  I find that I'm able to block probably 90% or more but some do get through.   DuckDuckGo is an excellent search and does a nice job of filtering.

Well I downloaded FireFox and now have the like's key back.  Having some trouble with copying favorites,  but I'll work it out.

Bob W