New 1:48 scale POF kit of the Cutter Alert from Trident Models in China

MSW

Have you seen the new POF kit of the Cutter Alert being made by a company called Trident?   

Yes, it is being made in China but as this is the first offering by "Trident" and it is an original work, this kit is perfectly fine to be built here on MSW.  Trident is not a company currently on our banned list and by all indications future kits in the works are also of original design and not pirated.  So, feel free to talk about it and maybe we will see some being built when it is officially released.

From all appearances this looks to be an excellent POF kit.  Here are some photos below.

66018-afc854c9ae6038f8c8627af8751a9d59.j80308-938d0a79f8ae04ed31721ac50a5fe401.j

66045-c7604a0462da41104f84d7765edb334b.j81434-05e1f86d529221c983bee779a3306cdc.j

80303-82086643b0ca3a1d89bbdfff686029aa.j80302-ccb8a46469cb73e9b1806dde9fca8be9.j

66063-217483c5219d34d381bb606d61bea169.j83987-18b5708f7439685e659ca828f27b44ae.j

75151-798b36d329a1056d38b2e18422337aeb.j75152-c00f912d10da318a0a24113ffa388541.j75167-7647df572351c2d37f756605c8ea4ae8.j

I have tried to find a website related to Trident Models, but didn't .... any search on the cutter went to SoS.

From ShipofScales website.

Uwek the admin is taking orders for the kit.

They have been using the plans from " Anatomy of the ship"  -The naval cutter Alert.

From the Owner of Trident 

Thank you very much for your support! Especially the new kits launched by the newly established studios like ours. We will provide high quality kits to thank you for your high hopes, and we will prepare a special gift for the friends who preorder the kit through the SOS Forum, which will be shown to you soon. Regarding LOGO, we are designing the revision. Thank you again for your support.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

I like the Chinese approach! They change the brand name like a pair of gloves. Boom! - and they are out of the banned companies list!

A quick search in Google by the picture leads us to a 3-yrs old facebook page, which contains several kits in build and also development (3D) stage.

Models mainly by SC model company from China. Which leads us to obvious conclusion.

As I understand, Chuck "likes" that company very much.

Yes that is common practice.   You are absolutely correct.   Just to let you know,  we (myself included) have opened up dialogue with many of the Chinese manufacturers.   Rather than just beat the drum and continue to lock horns with these folks, we are reaching out and trying to encourage the development of new and original works.  I would even go as far as to say, that I personally am trying to bridge the gaps between us and work together with some of these guys to encourage new and original designs like this kit.   AND to start fresh with new brands in order to highlight the new original stuff is a great start.  I know some of these designers first hand and I will tell you that they would rather design stuff that is exciting and fresh and "original" .   When I speak with them it is like talking to any kit designer in the west and we have much in common.  

I am very excited about this kit in particular and even more so with the other new designs in the pipeline from the handful of designers and brands I am trying to work with.   Please welcome Trident as one of the more ambitious and hopefully gracious MFGs from China who is actually working hard ...but change is hard.....and I am going to encourage them as much as I can to continue along this path.  I will end with one final thought...I abhor the theft of intellectual property and designs and always will.   I will do everything I can to bring that practice to an end.  Encouraging and developing relationships with designers all over the world will be a positive step in that direction.   Promoting these original projects is an important part of that.

Now that makes me excited and more intrigued about the kit.

Thank you Chuck.

Respectfully

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

• 11 months later...

@musberghi

As far as I know, the kit is not yet available in the U.S. Trident will most likely make an announcement here when they are ready to take orders from outside of China.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

2 hours ago, ccoyle said:

@musberghi

As far as I know, the kit is not yet available in the U.S. Trident will most likely make an announcement here when they are ready to take orders from outside of China.

Thank you for the prompt replay.

I live in Italy, there is a website of Trident? Is kit not avaiable also in Europe?

regards

Massimiliano

They dont have a website to my knowledge and usually sell through EBAY and Amazon.....as well as some other similar sites.   

They dont have any available at the moment but should have some soon.

Someone has ordered the kit - this from SoS
Funny, check one of the comments.

image.thumb.png.9dd194ca38e0be4dbef70d3c31adcc7c.png

Respectfully

Nice detailing!

Respectfully

19 hours ago, Jim Rogers said:

I do not like the brass Trenails. Look out of scale and stick way to far out IMO. Shouldn’t they be flush?

Have to agree with you. They look awful,somewhat reminiscent of what one would see on a model of a WW1 battleship. Completely spoil the appearance of a really nice model.

Dave :dancetl6: