HMS ALERT 1777 by Qi Gang - Trident Model - 1/48 scale

8 hours ago, Trident Model said:

This part has little to do with KIT. It's intended for friends who want to make sail ropes. It's provided free of charge in KIT.

IMG_20190718_222141.jpg

Interesting!  

Do you have any information about how this part is used?

8 hours ago, Trident Model said:

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

• 2 weeks later...

Fabulous kit,i hope i could fine it in my modelism shop......

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

current build:   royal caroline

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

Hello, everyone, we haven't updated the development progress for a long time. When we produce metal parts, we find that one part has been unable to meet our requirements. This problem will be solved in the next few days. We tested a blackening agent for zinc alloy. Here we share it with you. It consists of three parts, 1. Surface activation (I personally think low concentration hydrochloric acid) 2. Blackening agent (I don't know what ingredients) 3. Surface isolator (similar to varnish), because the liquid can't be mailed, I think you can buy similar products locally. The development is expected to be completed in the next week. Thank you again for your attention.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.png

6 minutes ago, James H said:

That's some neat blackening. I have actual brass-black, and access to hydrochloric acid. I might play around with the chemistry a little.

Thanks for the update.

I found that the blackening treatment of zinc alloys has a benefit, which is not excessive slagging like copper oxidation.It doesn't matter if you soak for two hours.