Santisima Trinidad by LFNokia - FINISHED - OcCre - 1:90

the finish of the copper layer are awesome!

do you plan to fix the corrosion & paint with a varnish or something like this? i'm using varnish overall, it's more easy to clean the dust. I'm suffering seeing your model with some years, if it's not sealed in a glass box...

great photos, regards!

23 hours ago, Jeff T said:

I really like the stern lanterns — they seem to glow orange with the backlighting.  What material did you use in them to achieve that?

Acetate painted with clear red, the paint you use on car lights

23 hours ago, Kevin said:

i just so love all the weathering effects

Thank you

Anchors

IMG_20200624_023744.jpg

IMG_20200624_023807.jpg

This is MY kind of build!  As a long time plastic aircraft modeler, I absolutely understand the need to weather for realism or artistic effect. 

Most wooden ship models I’ve seen have been built to reflect a ship in tip top condition, which may not always have been reality. 

I, for one, am absolutely loving what I’m seeing here. It’s definitely seen hard use and is due for some dry dock time, but that’s what I absolutely LOVE!  Keep it up, sir, this is incredible!

Ernie

On the bench:  Vanguard Models 1/64 HMS Speedy

On Deck:

Vanguard Models 1/64 Zulu,

Vanguard Models 1/64 Fifie,

Victory Models 1/72 HMS Bellerophon 

On 6/23/2020 at 4:31 PM, Geowolf said:

the finish of the copper layer are awesome!

do you plan to fix the corrosion & paint with a varnish or something like this? i'm using varnish overall, it's more easy to clean the dust. I'm suffering seeing your model with some years, if it's not sealed in a glass box...

great photos, regards!

Missed this post

Matt varnish and a glass box when it's done

21 hours ago, ErnieL said:

This is MY kind of build!  As a long time plastic aircraft modeler, I absolutely understand the need to weather for realism or artistic effect. 

Most wooden ship models I’ve seen have been built to reflect a ship in tip top condition, which may not always have been reality. 

I, for one, am absolutely loving what I’m seeing here. It’s definitely seen hard use and is due for some dry dock time, but that’s what I absolutely LOVE!  Keep it up, sir, this is incredible!

Ernie

Plastic community has fully embrassed weathering, maybe deep down I'm a plastic modeler

Jokes aside it's funny how things turn out, I started with planes, but there wasn't enough challenge on the assembly, and the final result depended too much from the painting, and I hated painting, tried cars and tanks, same problem, the tried a plastic ship, the assembly was satisfying, but still the damn painting, so clearly running away from painting I went on wooden ship, that didn't need painting

And now 20 years later, here I am, painting wodden ships and weathering them

Anyway, decided to change the anchors and started the boats

IMG_20200624_120025.jpg

IMG_20200625_032148.jpg

This is one of the most unusual builds I have ever seen. Also one of the best.  Craftsmanship and artistry is first rate!

Current build: Model Shipways “Confederacy “

Completed builds:

Mamoli “Royal Louis“

Mantua “Royal Caroline”

Scratch 1/4 scale gondola “Philadelphia”

Scratch “Hannah” from Hahn plans.