HM Bark Endeavour

CFL

I'm currently reading Endeavour The Ship That Changed The World by Peter Moore. I'm now planning to build the ship from a kit and to this end bought the book Anatomy of the Ship Endeavour by Karl Heinz Marquardt. 

I want to buy a kit as true to the ship as can be but I'm all over the map looking at various models from Corel, OcCre, Caldercraft among others. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank-you.

Regards, Charles Lindsey

Toronto Ontario Canada

HM Bark Endeavour by Dashi - Caldercraft - scale 1:64 - 1768-71 - bashed kit. This is a build log you must study, much thought, research and why asked, with solutions, sometimes outside the accepted, I am impressed with the work but more so with the Gray Matter used and reasons given for deviating from the norm. Some testing done in order to determine if solutions were practical enough to have worked in real life, chock full of questions, research and testing. One item I believe this work has established was the crossover built over the tiller, why? Cook needed a place to set up his Plane Table and Alidade, this was addressed. Others just blindly built a crossover where a Seaman or Officer would normally, just step over the tiller, mucking up the rear deck area. This Log is well worth your time to study closely. Finding a kit true to the original I suspect is imposable, some closer than others, Dashi bashed her kit, rewards in following her guidance, research and adding to it by your research.

Edited by jud