Vane

HMS Snake by Vane - Caldercraft - Scale 1:64

I got several kits going on at the same time. When it come to planking its kind of effective to do two alternatively. You put a board up on one… and then do the other kit while waiting for the first one to dry.

Hi Vane,                                                                                                                                                                                                   Blimey, I can't believe how quick your building work is going. she's coming along nice. I love the hull work.

Thanks, i really enjoy this part of the work and snake is kind of straight on model with not too much planning and thinking. I done a few misstakes that take some extra time but soon the hull will be finished and next stage of the building process will began.

Hi Vane,

I have enjoyed looking through your build log, l will have to find your others too. It certainly sounds a good idea to alternate between builds while waiting for the glue to dry. Your second planking is very good indeed, are you using wood glue or a super glue?

Keep up the good work.

Best wishes  as always, 

The Lazy Saint. 

Thanks. You can find quick links to my other builds at the end of the first post. I am also doing the Granado, Diana and Corels Victory. 

I mostly do wood glue. But I am slowly moving towards CA. It takes some time to learn and I am not there yet.  Lots of planks get more stuck to my fingers than the hull 😛

Hi Vane,

Your Victory looks great, l am looking forward to seeing the rigging take shape.

1 hour ago, Vane said:

I mostly do wood glue. But I am slowly moving towards CA. It takes some time to learn and I am not there yet.  Lots of planks get more stuck to my fingers than the hull 😛

Ha ha, l know what you mean, l had a practice with CA, but only on the deck which is much less challenging. With practice we will get there.

1 hour ago, Vane said:

couldnt figure out how to add a signature with my builds... any tips?

Sorry Vane l have no idea at all.

Best wishes as always, 

The Lazy Saint. 

Here are some of the better buildlogs I have found on HMS Snake. There are quite many in the MSW overview but many abandoned so my advice is to check out these first:

1) Almost finished build by Beef Wellington - Unfortunately put on hold as he is building the HMS Jason

2) Almost finished build by Jim Smiths - Great build
3) Almost finished build by drtrap - Great build
4) Recently started build by duncbe - Early in the process, but really good planking!

Hey Vane. If you want to add a signature go to your account settings at the top. Go to signature and within there is a button to link you're builds.  

Hi Vane,

Good job, she is coming along great. You are right about the gunports being so visible when the build is finished and it is no easy task to get them perfect either. 

Good luck. 

Best wishes as always, 

The Lazy Saint. 

Hi Vane,

l hope I am not over simplifying things but is the waterline not marked on your plans/drawings. I have taken these measurements and adjusted my waterline marker so that is correct for both bow and stern. I then drew the line.

I hope my explanation helps, if l have miss understood you please excuse me.

Best wishes as always, 

The Lazy Saint. 

On 8/31/2019 at 12:00 PM, Vane said:

I couldnt figure out how to add a signature with my builds... any tips?

So this is quite late, but look in your account settings. I took a screen shot on Mobile that will hopefully help.

37C0FFBC-6E34-4613-A54A-E04C2F6487F8.png