Posted (edited)

Hello,
I am pleased to announce you the beginning of the subscription for a new monograph.
It's a book about the rare 24-prd French frigates of the eighteenth century. The ship chosen is "L'Egyptienne" built in Toulon in 1799 by François Caro. The national collections retain two models of this frigate that have been of great help in the development of this monograph. As usual, all the framing, fittings and equipment are represented as well as the masts, sails and details of the rigging.
The booklet has 216 pages with many drawings in 3D and about sixty photos of the museum models. The plans folder contains 39 particularly detailed 1/48 plates.
The page of this monograph is here: http://gerard.delacroix.pagesperso-orange.fr/Egypt/plaquette_egypt.htm

Best regards

Gérard Delacroix

Edited by G. Delacroix

Congratulations on your new publication, Gérard! You've chosen a very interesting subject.

Looks like a great subject. Unfortunately my French is very weak. Maybe a few years with Berlitz, Duolingo, Rosetta Stone will get me to the point where I could read and understand something like this😁

Gerard,

Does this include a classic Body Plan with lines inside the planking?

My complaint with the early work of your former associates regarding La Venus is that that Body Plan is outside planking.

Hello,

Yes, of course, it's the classic way to draw the hull of any ship. The design of the Venus hull is an anomaly. At the time, Jean Boudriot did not draw his monographs, he used a person for this work who was not familiar with the subject ...

Regards,
GD

Thanks.  

Good to know that the subject of my complaint is valid and was noticed.  The bad part is that the basic hull can stand for Hebe and more than a few more French 18's and HMS Leda and a large number of RN sisters,  including  HMS Shannon and two that are still with us.  A second supplement with the correct lines and all the variations in the derivatives may find a market.  But it might give birth to kits and any scratch versions would no longer be unique.

Since    L'Egyptienne  looks to be correct for what I need,  I look forward to exploring her.

Congratulations, Gérard.  Will there be an English version in the future?   

Posted (edited)

Hello,

Thank you all.

For now, only in French because we make corrections until the last day. An English, Spanish and Italian translation is in progress but it's a very long job.
Anyway, the booklet text translation without illustrations, when it will be available, is always sent in pdf file to the buyers of the French monograph whose acquisition is imperative to obtain the translation.

GD

Edited by G. Delacroix

I've been informed by mail that there will be a delay in shipment, due to printing issues. It will hopefully ship at the end of August. Some things are worth waiting for, and I'm sure this monographs will prove to be one of them ... :10_1_10: