HMS Prince by pirozzi - Amati - 1:64 - Original 1978 Kit by Vince P.

Vince,

Just found your log - will grab a chair and follow along as well. I'm impressed with the amount of framings that Amati include in this kit. BUT that you had to cut all of those out WOA great work indeed.

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

• 3 weeks later...

Vince, I can’t thank you enough!!!!  I received this very model as a Christmas present in 1984...  It has been opened and the bulkheads rough cut...  In the intervening years I finish my 34 year Navy career and 10 years with The Boeing Company....  I’m now fully retired and firing up my modeling addiction again...  Currently completing a Greenleaf dollhouse kit I gave my wife for Christmas in 1986!  It looks great, but I can’t wait to restart my HMS Prince!  I thank the Lord I didn’t sell the kit...almost did...back in the 90’s...  I have been thinking about how to build this ship and now you have answered my first and most important question as I knew there would be alignment issues...  I look forward to watching you work your way through this as I will be a year behind you!  All the best, Matt Moffit

• 3 months later...

20201103_124437.thumb.jpg.7ae1f232bf5405c0a2611bd07491b53d.jpg20201103_124307.thumb.jpg.f473eb85232d93954b4b6896579b44f7.jpgHmmm I recently acquired this kit that has been started from a gentleman who recently lost his wife and I would like to finish it up asap. I guess I need to post a build log here and will definately will be following your build Also I note that there is another Prince build on modelshipbuilder but is almost finished, a good build and a good reference.  

20201103_124145.jpg

Cheers, Guy
The Learner
Current Member NRG,SMA

Current Build: HMS Triton 1:48 on line

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Vince,  I just found this log because I recently acquired a stash of kits that contained this kit, def. a diamond among the rough and it's intact!  She's an impressive build!   Keep up the good work!  I've got too many started to kick in it with you as much as I'd love to!  I was just checking out the figurehead, such amazing detail!

Joshua

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I too managed to get this kit, though partially constructed. Picked it up yesterday, along with a couple other items. I paid for a Sovereign of the Seas kit and was given a couple in-progress models that the owner wanted to give to a good home. So, I acquired the Amati Prince. I actually didn't know it was the Amati kit until I saw it. That's when I knew I'd struck gold. With all my other projects, I don't know WHEN I'll get around to this or the Sovereign of the Seas. At some point, I need to build a big "flagship" model. 

Vince, I've been enjoying reading about your build in the past and just reviewed it again. Hope to see more soon!

Clare

Clare Hess

He's a -> "HE"