Airplanes and Tanks in plastic by Jörgen

Hi all

I don't do any build logs on my plastic kits but I thought it could be nice to share them with you anyway. I will just post the pictures here if it is ok for you. I jsut add new when I have done them.

This is my first aircraft model in many year. It's far from perfect but I have learnt very much since I started to see Phil´s videos on Flory Models.

Model: 1/32 Trumpeter P40 B
Extras: Cutting Edge decals and Eduard cockpit set.
Colours: Vallejo Model Air (DuPont brown, DuPont green and DuPont light grey).

dmxbkM-Sml0ONMM8S6QZtHh9DmtXNeMgrXDBYGJa

84FLfzA5LyrZ-IEKwgtJCf2qBMT_xIYcvQeA6Eoo

YubvPGpRWSug22govf2zUZgP4EOIsRPfNf5sx7by

NJMaDN5G7Nd7nzPNwiRthykO6wWKQcWivR9RXQbS

MkKUYSro2DKb4JUdXqLWo_eG_GwO1wYyeRXlfrNV

gVXpIhWM9FRSwbzs9XbaVggVYS9iZexU2I6jZrcl

-ZlHuKrocu2CaNWWX3lwlXgvzKJimilMfq_rGKYr

k6zSmHFJ2AhI6lJdztusD8YwJ0OwU99bWlyEh-4g

Sd5wzjDMfOhDcC2ZuaAnxa65HOgUrN1ifp2z35oh

hiZVwjwz_e3GCput1jReyWYbRXuATS0GWXjUkgrs

NUGE9M9sq44kIcaLDXcDifTTbrf9pBC7WtMFeopC

Jörgen

Current:  Sherbourne - Caldercraft 1/64

Vasa - DeAgostini 1/65
Finished: Endeavour - Americas Cup J class 1934 - Amati 1/80

Other:    Airplanes and Tanks

Hi all
Here is photos of my 1/48 Tamiya Kawasaki Ki 61.
Colors are: AK extreme metals, MRP:s and Flory brown wash 

The camouflage is added with freehand from Harder Stenbeck Infinity with 0.2 nozzle. This was done on directly on the AK extreme metal without any protection. Seems to work fine.
If I was to do the kit again so should I paint the blue and yellow strips instead of using the kits decals. They where rather thick.   

Jörgen

[image]  

[image]  

[image]  

[image]  
[image]  [image]  

[image]  

[image]

[image]  

[image]

Edited by Jörgen

Jörgen

Vasa - DeAgostini 1/65

Here is my finished 1/48 Tamiya Fw190 D9. It is built straight from the box and painted with MRP and AK Extrem metal colors. Weathering is done with Flory wash and oils. The decals is from Eduards Fw190 D9 kit.

[image]

[image]  [image]  [image]  
[image]  

[image]

f36Rkv6AMmVqu_Wyel0ncde1nx4qtfTISlRNC-Y3

QS49Jobpg9YUVHFsbsaxlx-XdcIvvqrq-oEh8_ov

Edited by Jörgen

Jörgen

Vasa - DeAgostini 1/65

Here is my 1/48 Polikarpov I-16 Type 24 from Eduard. It is built out of the box and painted with MRP paints. I hope you like it even if the photos is little bit dark 

Jörgen

[image]  
[image]  [image]  [image]  [image]  [image]  [image]  [image]

Edited by Jörgen

Jörgen

Vasa - DeAgostini 1/65

I think it is fascinating the way artist can take a plastic kit and with the use of a brush and airbrush turn it into a work of art. It's very interesting to see how some modelers remove part of the fuselage, wing, etc... and proceed to build engines, guns, etc... that are not included with the kit by using their own hands and materials.  WWW II aircraft are a great subject to pursue since there are so many designs from various companies you can spend nearly a lifetime trying to construct them all. Keep up the great work.

Scott

Lol i have just left a comment on the flory site wrt your sherbourne build, love your aircraft, and very nice photo's

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Thank you Kevin.

I have my main Sherbourne log here and my plastic kits on Flory site:) Just like your Victory.

Jörgen

Vasa - DeAgostini 1/65

Maybe start to do build logs on the planes also if that is interesting for you. I don’t do it today because I think it is glue and paint :) But when I think on it so it is how I have learned and still are learning when I see other people’s work and technics. 

Jörgen

Vasa - DeAgostini 1/65

Would also love to see your builds in here.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

ya had me with the Focke Wulf............such a great job on her.  one of my favorite single fixed wing :)    you've done a superb job on these planes......I too hope you do a log here on one of your projects.  now that you whet my appetite........where are the tanks?!?!?! :D 

truly nice work!:stunned:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Outstanding work, Jorgen. Airplane model details are so much cooler than when I was a kid. The cockpit detail, especially, is amazing (color PE details!). I find it amusing that aircraft modelers seem inclined to weather their models for a more realistic appearance while us ship modelers prefer a more pristine approach.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Thank you all for the nice comments. I will start to do logs. I have some models half build (here are the tanks Popey) but this is a way to give me the motivation to finish them. You have to take that the first logs will start in the middle of the builds:)

Greg, I like the approach to build the wooden ship models "clean" and plastic kits weathered. It keep the to "wings" of the hobby separated. Actaully I think it is because of the materials, the wood is alive and natural so it already have that variation that is needed. But the plastic is just dead so it needs extra things to make it pop. 

P.S if you look carefully on the Focke Wulf you can se all of my finger prints......the camera is unforgiving:) 

Edited by Jörgen

Jörgen

Vasa - DeAgostini 1/65

Really great work. May I ask what camera you used for the photos?

Thanks for sharing, Harley

Cheers, Harley<p 

Under Construction:       USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54 1/200 by ILoveKit

Completed:                     F-35A 1/48 by Tamiya

USS Atlanta CL-51 1/350 by Very Fire 

Liberty Ship John W. Brown 1/350 by Trumpeter

HMS Spiraea K-08 1/350 

USS Arizona BB-39 1/200 by Trumpeter/Mk1 Design

HMS Sir Gareth 1/350 by Starling Models

USS Missouri BB-63 1945 1/350 by Joy-Yard, 9/11/21

USS Indianapolis CA-35 1945 1/350 by Trumpeter

USS Kidd DD-661, 1945, 1/350, on The Sullivans kit by Trumpeter

USS Alaska CB-1, 1/350, Hobby Boss, Circa 2/1945

Brig Syren 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Started,On Hold:     Frigate Confederacy 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Nice work Jorgen, I am currently working on the Tony but decided to 'chicken out' on the green camo and will go with Version 2. Was going to post some cockpit pics but.................... I just noticed my camera is broken !!!!! :).

Current Builds

Mikasa by I Love Kit - 1:200 - Plastic

HMS Beagle by Occre - 1:48 - Wood

I don't see them........what I do see seems to blend into the camo.   I'll look forward to your logs :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Very nice, work, Joergen! Brian Criner, whose name you might recognize from his work appearing in various forums and magazines, is the fellow who got me back into modeling after an 18-year hiatus. I didn't go back to plastic, though, because I knew there would be a steep learning curve to approach anything like Brian's models. I chose wooden ships instead. Later I got into card modeling as well, in fact I did the Halinski version of the exact same Polikarpov I-16 as you show here. To date it is still the only Halinski kit I have managed to complete. I enjoy seeing the detailed plastic kits and aftermarket parts that are available today and what talented builders like yourself are capable of doing with them.

Cheers!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

Very beautiful models :imNotWorthy:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I have not post anything in long time since I have so much other work to do. However, here is a finished Me 109 E3 in 1/32 by Eduard so you see that I am still here :) . It is built out of the box and painted with MRP lacquers colors. It is built as Josef Prillers Me109. I hope you enjoy.

Jörgen

6A366D4A-CB38-4497-A56F-E02FB4DB8A72.jpeg

8B73C682-25A9-4797-A2EF-24B43EC39D18.jpeg

9A37983E-E095-4761-B730-9B8E10AAD082.jpeg

9CB6028C-5953-4DF4-B79A-5D6571D300C4.jpeg

51D0B371-FD0E-482E-BAF7-830823A0B5AE.jpeg

562210A3-849F-484A-9534-3AC314E15AF2.jpeg

C69984D3-85E0-48E2-B0E8-1C12D213CCE0.jpeg

CD861C30-9B47-4C11-B967-5B2015750BC1.jpeg

F2CF3553-4C26-47EA-97E4-D71FAEC8912A.jpeg

FBDD0D16-1DC4-4D80-8D29-DC7602A995D9.jpeg

Jörgen

Vasa - DeAgostini 1/65

Superb work  - makes me want to see far more of your fine work.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

On 7/10/2019 at 9:54 AM, Jörgen said:

Maybe start to do build logs on the planes also if that is interesting for you.

On 7/10/2019 at 7:48 AM, CDW said:

I really enjoyed seeing your work and hope you will share more of it here. 

6 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

Superb work  - makes me want to see far more of your fine work.

OC.

YEAH! me two three and four!!!

Especially your finishing technique, it is extraordinary....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

6 hours ago, Egilman said:

YEAH! me two three and four!!!

Especially your finishing technique, it is extraordinary....

Thank you all for the nice comments. I think I will start a log over my 1:35 JagtTiger. I have buildt it and paint the first part of it. However, I am totally new to weathering so I want to use guides on YouTube to se what I can do. This could be quite interesting for you also. I don't know at all what the outcome will be, maybe good or a disaster :)

Jörgen

Vasa - DeAgostini 1/65

I think it will be as good as your planes, maybe better who knows... But with what you have shown, I wouldn't worry about it...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Ok, I have started the weathering log for my JagdTiger. It is here: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/28601-weathering-a-jagdtiger/

Jörgen

Vasa - DeAgostini 1/65

Wow amazing work!  Thanks for sharing!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)