Arizona by SigEp Ziggy - Shapeways, Revell - 1/429 or 1/426 scale - PLASTIC - Arizona Memorial diorama

nice to see your making progress Shane :)  looks good!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

yea....I gotta get moving on her.   need to stop going on wild tangents.........every time I do,  it increases my projects and gets me into trouble :rolleyes:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

7 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

yea....I gotta get moving on her.   need to stop going on wild tangents.........every time I do,  it increases my projects and gets me into trouble :rolleyes:

I can relate to that  - mojo  wheres it gone type thing.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw in the news where they just did the last crewman's burial on her.   There's 15 (I think) still alive but they've all decided for a private family plot.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I need to make bollards for my Arizona.  I tried to make one from scratch and planned on casting copies, but the bollard was so small and I lacked experience doing casting.  I decided to make them assembly line style.

14dec2019 007.jpg

14dec2019 008.jpg

14dec2019 004.jpg

14dec2019 005.jpg

14dec2019 006.jpg

Now I just need to glue them together.

Edited by SigEp Ziggy
post script

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm just checking in.  Did you ever finish the memorial? 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been working on the Arizona!

I cut out the MDFB to fit the model, ball parked the water depth, added two PVC pipe fittings to add some detail to the 'holes' and put some black primer on her.

2jun2022 630.jpg

2jun2022 631.jpg

2jun2022 634.jpg

2jun2022 635.jpg

10jun2022 001.jpg

• 1 year later...

It has been suggested that I do a 'Before the Attack' model as well.  My wife has OK-ed the purchase of another Revell model, I found one at Hobby Lobby for only $15

Arizona Box Art 001.jpg

Chris, the true scale is 1/429 as per this link. http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=286900

i'm using that same model 17 times to build all the USN OBB's during ww2 from the Wyoming class to Colorado class in this link. http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=165105

Edited by ddp

The plan is to build a model that will look like this

Arizona and Vestal..jpg

I will use this photo of a USS Vestal resin model to build a scratch built model in 1/429 scale

USS Vestal AR 4 VII.jpg

Edited by SigEp Ziggy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will try to fix some problems with the kit, first I will make new decks and add 1/350 scale wood decks

I removed the plastic from the bottom of the kit decks so I can use them as patterns

13sept2023 165.jpg

13sept2023 166.jpg

13sept2023 167.jpg

13sept2023 168.jpg

• The title was changed to Arizona by SigEp Ziggy - Shapeways, Revell - 1/429 or 1/426 scale - PLASTIC - Arizona Memorial diorama