HMS Pickle by mugje - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1:64 - first build

Brilliant work mugje.

The Pegaus kit looks wonderful.

When i opened the box and scanned through the kit i was impressed with the general quality, both the parts and wood.....

Btw.....

The instructions for Pickle is said to be very good.

Although i find it hard to fully understand the rigging both in plans and instructions.

The tackle pedants for the lower masts.... I can't understand the rigging they are used for, neither in the instructions or the plans...

2 hours ago, Norway said:

Brilliant work mugje.

The Pegaus kit looks wonderful.

When i opened the box and scanned through the kit i was impressed with the general quality, both the parts and wood.....

Btw.....

The instructions for Pickle is said to be very good.

Although i find it hard to fully understand the rigging both in plans and instructions.

The tackle pedants for the lower masts.... I can't understand the rigging they are used for, neither in the instructions or the plans...

The quality of the materials in the Pegasus box are looking great indeed. Tomorrow I will scan the box to look if there are no parts missing.

I don't either know exactly how to rig the tackle pendants. My thougts where...That I will come across them when I go systematically trough the manual. But maybe someone else can jump in with the answer?

just found your building log. Very impressive diligence and skill. Obviously a natural and I will keep an eye out so that I can learn from you as I do from many others on this site. Keep at it.

current - Hannah scratch build

current build- Swan ,scratch

on shelf,Rattlesnake, Alert semi scratch,Le Coureur,, Fubbs scratch

completed: nostrum mare,victory(Corel), san felipe, sovereign of the seas, sicilian  cargo boat ,royal yacht caroline, armed pinnace, charles morgan whaler, galilee boat, wappen von hamburg, la reale (Dusek), amerigo vespucci, oneida (semi scratch) diane, great harry-elizabethan galleon (semi scratch), agammemnon, hanna (scratch).19th cent. shipyard diorama (Constructo), picket boat, victory bow section

I took a look in the Pegasus box and found  out that the false keel isn't straight. It's made of MDF and my understanding was that this didn't warp that much? What would the best option here? Did someone asked for a replacement from Amati? How is the service of them?

Or maybe I'm gonna trying to fix it... that's also an option. I don't know how mdf exactly reacts...

Edited by mugje

learned something else. Thanks

current build- Swan ,scratch

on shelf,Rattlesnake, Alert semi scratch,Le Coureur,, Fubbs scratch

completed: nostrum mare,victory(Corel), san felipe, sovereign of the seas, sicilian  cargo boat ,royal yacht caroline, armed pinnace, charles morgan whaler, galilee boat, wappen von hamburg, la reale (Dusek), amerigo vespucci, oneida (semi scratch) diane, great harry-elizabethan galleon (semi scratch), agammemnon, hanna (scratch).19th cent. shipyard diorama (Constructo), picket boat, victory bow section

Finished the Fore stay...pictures are not that great because the light is weird now. But you get the idea 😁

The mouse looks a bit oversized...but I can live with that with this model. I did not serve the line. Because my knowledge about this is not sufficient at this stage. You can also see the gammoning.

IMG_20191110_160917656.jpg

IMG_20191110_160925954.jpg

IMG_20191110_160851507.jpg

1 hour ago, Dubz said:

I would go even smaller ... the thread will make it bigger again.

f1516t7527p168259n3_zMFGqfRx.jpg

Dirk

Thanks for al your help Dirk. How do you get that line so tight on the mouse? With my efforts it wants to slip off the mouse because the surface is so smooth. And do you just turn a single thread around? Or do you weave it also?

@mugje, nice work! I myself haven't put one together so for a couple future builds I now know threw your blog and Dubz recommendations how to get it done right the first time. You are now officially a deconstruction member!  :cheers:

Current build project: 

CSS Alabama 1/96

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/20148-css-alabama-by-jonathan11-revell-196-scale-kit-bash-90-historical-accuracy/

Finished build projects 2018:

H.L Hunley 1/24

CSS Arkansas 1/96