Chuck

HMS Winchelsea (1764) 32 gun frigate GROUP PROJECT INFO

Thank you very much!!!   I have sent you your invite....just accept it and you will have full access.  Enjoy the project.

Looking forward as well Chuck.  Hopefully in a few days I'll get your shipment and start the build.  I wanted to try complete scratch build but would rather use your kits. I tend to think that your laser machine is a little more accurate than my scalpel.

Im sure you could have scratched them just fine.  Its just a time saver.  Thanks for the order.  I appreciate the support.

Remember that all group builds and downloads areas are at the top of the page in the drop down.....see below  This also includes teh Winnie group and Winnie downloads area.  I am posting because some new folks couldnt find the drop down menu at the top of the page.  It is also along the right side of the forum as well.  Two places to access them.

group.jpg

On 5/3/2020 at 6:34 AM, ErnieL said:

Paid up despite not having the chops to build this. 

Yet.

same here, dunno if i'll have the time in the forseeable future but out of support 

You guys should try.....to get started with little investment I recommend cutting your bulkheads by hand.  If you could complete chapter one without too much trouble then you can absolutely build it.  Its no more difficult then building and planking any frigate kit.   Its just that this time you will be learning how to plank properly as opposed to the "creative" methods suggested by most kits.     AND although most who do a good job planking the lower hull will want to leave it so folks can see it,  the Winnie was copper plated and that would be a an option if its the planking that scares you.

on the Triton i was experimenting with a "cheat" planking = try to get the main planks as good as possible but use 2 thinner layers ( and then add a 3rd very thin veneer layer to cover up any mistakes)

although i see the logic behind doing it properly from start :)

i'm still 2 months away from setting up my workshop in the new home 

I’d love to do this with you and the gang, Chuck. But I Don’t think I have the bandwidth for this and to complete the Syren. Hoping for another scratch build opportunity with you on the forum soon since I’m still developing my skills!  😊

Hi Chuck,

I just completed the planking on my "Cheerful" model so will not be joining the group to build"Winschelsea" just yet. However I will be following the progress with great interest as she will be my next build. It will be a little while before I can get back to the boat yard as we will be moving from California to Tenassee in July. I intend to build a proper workshop at the new house as I will be spending more time at the bench with retirement coming up.

All the best to the group.

Gerry. 

Gerry,

Very good...i would live to see how your cheerful is coming along.  When your ready for the WINNIE....she will be there waiting for you to join the group.