So I got my q galley templates mocked up tonight and boy what a nail biter. I found that my stbd template held a nice shape where my port one is a little warped, both are in nearly identical positions down to .001”!!! yet the port one really throws the eye off due to the warp. I’m going to sleep on this one and possibly print the port template out again tomorrow, if anyone that’s been here sees anything jump out please let me know!

JJ

5839970E-F749-45B3-9839-74BFF6768B52.jpeg

7D6E226F-3FB8-4452-9CF2-935D169EC4EC.jpeg

32D223B3-E1A3-4A56-8FBE-7188B6D5874B.jpeg

A006A291-614F-4D17-B41C-35C8361367AB.jpeg

Hello JJ:

I think the placement it is perfect.  The lower portion of the template corresponds to the first horizontal piece. The fore line is the tip of that first piece once you add the trapezoidal cover where the freeze is placed.  The aft line is where the horizontal piece for the window goes.

I highlighted the box the I marked on my build and the position looks exactly as yours with respect to the last gun port.

Hope this help,

G

image.png.ab9893b5373ccfebdcd10f7dc536ca18.png

No problem,

That first piece needs to be beveled before it is glued.  Once you add the cover and the molding, the fore tip of the Q gallery will be ahead of the fore line.  Also once you add the columns, the fore side of the column will touch the fore line.  

I glued the first piece, and worked the second lower piece with the model upside down.  It is easier to work the aft bevel of that piece, the bevel against the hull, and to glue it parallel to the first piece (better perspective when you look from the top; both pieces match).

Best,