Hello from Spain!

Good morning everyone! I am very glad to form part of this forum. My name is Alexis and I am from Almazora, a small town in the Mediterranean coast. I started modeling when I was about 12 years old. I didn't start with ship models but with house models. As time passed, I began to acquire interest in wooden ships. My first build was Artesania Latina's H.M.S Bounty's Jolly Boat, the "ideal" beginner kit. It was a very fun build and, although it has its flaws due to lack of tools and skills, I am very proud I finished it and encouraged me to continue with this amazing hobby.

My second build was Constructo's Carmen, a slightly bigger than the first but still a "small" boat. This one was more interesting to build as its deck had lots of details compared to the Jolly Boat's. 

Two years ago, I bought Artesania Latina's San Francisco Cross-Section for a really good price and managed to finish it in 6 and half months. This model is an important milestone for me as I made it very carefully and with lots of details as the skills, tools and resources were  very different from those I had when building the two previous kits.

This Christmas I finally got my dream model, Constructo's La Flore (also known as La Flore Ex Vestale). This will be my first "big" model and I am enjoying every step of it. I think I will make a buildlog for all of you to enjoy and for me to learn and listen all the practical advices you want to give me! I feel a bit nervous because there aren't many buildlogs of this ship. But I'm sure that with determination and help everything can be possible.

I hope to be around here for a long time and learn a lot. 

Have a good day, 

Alexis.

My models: 

Artesania Latina's H.M.S Bounty's Jolly Boat

Constructo's Carmen 

Artesania Latina's San Francisco Cross-Section

Working on:

Constructo's La Flore (first "big" ship I make)

Ola.

And Welcome to MSW

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Welcome to MSW, Alexis.  I hope you'll open a build log so we can follow along.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thank you all for this warm welcome! I am very happy to be here.

I am going to upload a completed build of the San Francisco's cross-section from Artesania Latina. I hope you like it.

My models: 

Artesania Latina's H.M.S Bounty's Jolly Boat

Constructo's Carmen 

Artesania Latina's San Francisco Cross-Section

Working on:

Constructo's La Flore (first "big" ship I make)