Small but handy hammer

While in the hardware store the other day I came across this very handy tool.  Try to imagine if you will, an 8 oz. carpenters hammer with a shortened contoured grip handle.  Well, that is just what we have here.  That is a 4" magnetic mechanics square beside it to give you an idea of its size. 100_5682.thumb.JPG.49ecf75dba7890ca4d197ed77a4ee6ed.JPG

With my limited strength due to my MD, a standard hammer has become an unwieldy tool.  However, this baby gives me a  tool that is easily griped and still provides enough heft to drive standard nails or pound things into place.  This model is made by Master Mechanic, and for people with normal strength, it's perfect for swinging in tight spots. 

I have a one handed sledge, a 20 oz. framing hammer, and several 16 and 8 oz. standard hammers, but they are of little use to me now.  Of course I also have numerous small specialty modeling hammers, but they are likewise of little use when doing regular carpentry projects.   For me, this fills a need that I never even realized that I had!  :dancetl6:

Dave

“You’ve just got to know your limitations”  Dirty Harry

Current Builds:  Modified MS 1/8” scale Phantom, and modified plastic/wood hybrid of Aurora 1:87 scale whaling bark Wanderer.

Past Builds: (Done & sold) 1/8” scale A.J. Fisher 2 mast schooner Challenge, 1/6” scale scratch built whaler Wanderer w/ plans & fittings from A.J. Fisher, and numerous plastic kits including 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution (twice), Cutty Sark, and Mayflower.

(Done & in dry dock) Modified 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution w/ wooden deck and masting [too close encounter w/conc. floor in move]

Hope to get to builds: MS 3/16” scale Pride of Baltimore II,  MS 1/2” scale pinky schooner Glad Tidings,  a scratch build 3/16” scale  Phantom, and a scratch build 3/16" scale Denis Sullivan.