sorry for the silly question but i am new to build logs. what is the easiest way to upload pictures and isther ea certain size they must be

There is an add image interface at the bottom of the " Submit reply "  box..

See: " Drag files here to attach, or choose files ... ", which will open a dialog on your PC/device ..

Maximum is 1600 x 1200..   

Quick tip:  Once you upload the photos, then move the cursor for the first picture to where you want it and hit the "+" buttton.  One then continues that for each photo. 

Image resolution should be around 1280px minimum, max 2048. 

There are FOUR ways to upload and positioning an image.

1) Use "choose Files" and select you files to upload. After that you have add them to your content as Mark wrote.

image.png

2) Drag and drop them to the drop area. After that you have add them to your content as Mark wrote.image.png

3) Drag and drop them directly to the cursor position in your content area. 

image.png

4) Copy and Paste Image directly from an image processor applicatiun to cursor position.

image.png

I prefer 3 & 4 though 🙂

cheers

Dirk

8 hours ago, Dubz said:

Image resolution should be around 1280px minimum, max 2048. 

I thought I read somewhere on the forum that the max was 1200 x 1600..   

Has that changed?

It's just my personal recommendation. And yes you could upload bigger ones 😉

Edit: I checked and adjusted some settings:

Maximum image dimensions to save: 2048  × 1536 px

Maximum image dimensions to display: 1440 x 1080 px

Dirk

Can someone help a computer illiterate person get pictures from my smart phone to my computer so I can follow Dirk's instruction on uploading  pictures into a post?

thanks

J

If you dont want to screw around with wires and draggingging and dropping etc......I usually just click on the photo in my phone and email it to myself.   Depending on your phone you will be able to either email it or send the image in a text.   Select the email option and send it to yourself.  Then I open the email on my computer and download it for use.  I am computer challenged also so my son told me to do it this way.....LOL.

That is the easy way if your phone is set up for it..... 

You can adjust the setting in your phone to take smaller photos.  Thats what i did because then they upload faster.  You can also create your post on MSW right on your phone.  Then upload the photo from your phone right to msw. That what I did below.   

My stash of yellow cedar.  Just got delivery of more wood sheets from the Syren Sawmill.  Uploaded from my Iphone.

348F8472-43E5-469C-BA46-A6C099FB8898.jpeg