Danmark by alpayed - Billing Boats - Kit bash

great progress....the masts look awesome!  got some really nice detail and very neat!  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I just received the model yesterday, and am getting ready to start. Your work looks great. I only hope that I can do half the job. A few post back you mentioned that you gathered additional info on the ship. If you still have it and could make it available pls "PM" me. 

Flying Fish --  MSW

Essex ---  MSW

Constitution  --  MSW

Confederacy -- MSW

Philadelphia -- MSW 

Chaperon -- MSW

San Felipe -- Panart

Portland -- Bluejacket

• 4 weeks later...

Allan,

I have received the 550 Danmark in exactly the same condition. My problem is i don't have the instructions I have the drawings but not the manual. I have downloaded the new model version from Billing Boats but there are some obvious differences. Do you have a copy of the instructions that you could scan for me? Your photographs are also a great help. If you don't have the instructions I would love to see more of the pictures.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. I have been a bit quiet on this dealing with some health issues. (all good now).

Here is a rigging schedule and belaying diagram for Danmark. All the numbers correspond to the Billings ones. Some of the rigging is NQR on the original plans.

I will post doctored drawings of the errors soon.

AllanDanmark Belaying Plan.pdf

Danmark_rigging.xlsx

Models finished:  Too many to list.

Current build. Danmark (kit bash)

Thanks for the spreadsheet Allan. When it becomes the Danmark's turn to appear on my bench, your rigging plan will come to good use!

Cheers,

Peter

Build Log: Billing - Cutty Sark

In The Gallery: HMS Unicorn, HMAV Bounty, L'Etoile, Marie Jeanne, Lilla Dan, Zeeschouw "Irene"

A Toast: To a wind that blows, A ship that goes, And the lass that loved a sailor!

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone. Not much model making ATM. Got over some health issues and then fell off the roof, broke my arm and fractured my back in 7 places.

So it's left hand computer work for a while.

This is what I have been doing.

A set of rigging plans for Danmark.

I got distracted into HMS Investigator. It is a drawing from first principles as very little is known about her dimensionally.

Some other reconstructions are around but I have some short comings about them.

Screenshot (728).png

Screenshot (729).png

Screenshot (730).png

Screenshot (731).png

Models finished:  Too many to list.

Current build. Danmark (kit bash)

I have an older version of the Billings Danmark Kit (circa 1975) which I am currently building.  My sail plans show the various lines only as numbers. Yours appear to name the various lines but the resolution is not good enough to read. Would it be possible to load higher resolution copies of the plans you recently posted? I think the names of the lines might be more helpful in my efforts than just the numbers shown on my plans. My work does not compare to yours, but everyone has got to start somewhere and the parts and instruction from the 1975 kit leave a lot to be desired.

Current build: Armed Virginia Sloop

Previous Builds: , Amati Fifie, Glad Tidings,Bluenose II, Chesapeake Bay Skipjack, Fair American, Danmark, Constitution Cross Section, Bluenose 

Very nice work Al, sorry to hear of your tribulations and hope you recover fully soon.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

sorry to hear about your fall...........hope you are recovering nicely :(    get well soon!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 1 month later...

Hi Al,

Hope the recovery is pretty much over and you're able to put both wings back to work. Your rigging plans of the Danmark are fantastic. Should you decide to sell copies, I for one would be happy to purchase a set. Ideally a set at 1:75 would allow me to get my head (and eyes) around the complexity of the ship's rig.

Cheers,

Peter

In The Gallery: HMS Unicorn, HMAV Bounty, L'Etoile, Marie Jeanne, Lilla Dan, Zeeschouw "Irene"

A Toast: To a wind that blows, A ship that goes, And the lass that loved a sailor!

Nice work Al, those boats look great - the clinker work is excellent.  Are these done pre or during you arm issues?

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

• 2 weeks later...

What a beautiful model Alan! Thanks for posting those great shots. Very inspirational!

Peter

• 11 months later...
On 9/6/2019 at 5:08 PM, alpayed said:

Thanks for the comments guys.

It's a work in progress.

Just about finished the deck details, now working on the masting and rigging.

Allan

Not sure how this works , but i have a Danmark skoleskibet, it's quite old , bought it for my husband but he passed before he could build it, i have been dragging this around with me for the last 35 years at least and looking to find info on where to sell this, I have the sails, and brass fittings as well, it has been stored in an old steamer trunk. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.