HMS Enterprise by AlexBaranov - 1:36

Dear Alexey ; something else I appreciate is your philosophic point of view about life !  I wish you the best Alexey, for a great continuation of all those wonderful visible things you are doing with your hands, and also all the invisible things which are brighting in the inner yourself  (внутри твоей души) ! Eric

Wow, what a beautiful model Alex !

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

8 hours ago, empathry said:

Dear Alexey ; something else I appreciate is your philosophic point of view about life !  I wish you the best Alexey, for a great continuation of all those wonderful visible things you are doing with your hands, and also all the invisible things which are brighting in the inner yourself  (внутри твоей души) ! Eric

Dear Eric, I seem to understand the meaning of your words. I must be thankful to the cultural heritage of my ancestors and Vedic knowledge for my attitude to life.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Superb ! What a wonderful frigate !

Jean-Paul

'You are not carving a bear with a chain saw here folks',

Chuck Passaro, ´Queen Anne Style Barge´ manual of instructions

Current builds :

Finished build :

Next on list :

• Santa Maria boat - Korabel (Ukraine) - 1:24

What a wonderful model!  It makes me believe I am looking at a model made when the ship was being built! Love the colors you are using. The carvings are beautiful!

Very clean lines. Attractive ship. I can see why someone of your talent would be drawn to modeling her. Great job!

Model(s) under construction: RATTLESNAKE. 1:48

Next on the launch : ECHO 1781 1:48

14 hours ago, Sonofagun said:

What a wonderful model!  It makes me believe I am looking at a model made when the ship was being built! Love the colors you are using. The carvings are beautiful!

Very clean lines. Attractive ship. I can see why someone of your talent would be drawn to modeling her. Great job!

Thank you. Good and correct words. The main tendency of my style is to be like vintage models. An abundance of specimens of which are presented in famous historical collections and museums. I try to keep up with the times long gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Congratulations!  Well done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

• 1 month later...

The 20 gun frigate Sphinx is not one of Enterprise Class, but of his own Sphinx Class: https://collections.rmg.co.uk/collections/objects/83710.html.

She have had no guns on Quarterdeck, no solid bulwarks and no openings in the taffrail.

But if anyone has payed for tihis it all does not matter

Edited by Alex M

Current build: HMS Sphynx, 20 gun ship launched in 1775 at Portsmouth, Hampshire.

On the drawing board: HMS Anson, 64 gun third rate ship of the line, launched in 1781 at Plymouth

Banner_AKHS.png

Hello Alex M!
You are certainly right and reported everything correctly. I have divided projects into three large groups. (Enterprise type, Amphion type, Fly type) All these frigates are very similar to each other (in a group). That's why I wrote it. (This is my classification). And it’s not a question whether I’ll build all this. Quite a lot of projects. At my age I may not be in time. It makes no sense to create a new theme for each new project, so all photos of all similar ships will be here. I think this is a good idea.