MadManSK

BISMARCK by MadManSK - Trumpeter - 1:200 - with electric and radio control with PONTOS detail sets

How I start build my Bismarck ? But first, please excuse my English.  This year (in april) I returnd back to plastic modeling after a few years. I build U-boot 7c 41

20190826_165714.jpg

but still waiting for finishing...

After few building steps and first time work with metal parts I say my self.. Its too hard and dificult work for me... But very nice efect of metal parts. I start thinking.. Its must be more like make hard work and finaly put into vitrine only for looking. Every time, when I see nice models and diorama with models I have feels that its too little.. I want more.. Some using.. Playing.. or something usefull

20190706_132611.jpg

20190623_160720.jpg

So what to do?? Rebuild this Bismarck or some biger ??? I found Trumpeter 1:200. Before I check internet also this site and found some models and work other modelars. Yes this is it. 

Decided. Trumpeter Bismarck 1:200 will be my radio controled favorit ship Bismarck model 🙂

8. 7. this year arrived big box. OMG so huge model for me. I remember on my first builded ship over 40 years a go I was a small boy and I made it only from simple wood toothpick and simple glue 🙂

And I told my self this is Victory ( when I survive its my second building plan) 🙂  Yes from 1 km of distance looked like Victory 🙂 

20190708_164827.jpg

20190708_121146.jpg

This is will my second ship. Uhmm a little jump from my first Victory 🙂 

I start compare models. I like Revell models. This is my first Trumpeter model. On first look I found 2 difernts not good for my look. First back side of ship is not correct for me oposit Revell kit. Uuhhhhh. 

And second bottom of ship from out side is empty oposit revel model. So I must change it. With minor efect I change this back and I made botom of ship by Revell Bismarck

20190708_164954.jpg

48 minutes ago, MadManSK said:

One month and half I start mounting propellers...

20190713_165224.jpg

These propellers and rudders are really neat and clean. Where did you find them? 

I have the Trumpeter Bismarck, like you do, and would love to install such nice parts.

Yves

H

Just now, yvesvidal said:

These propellers and rudders are really neat and clean. Where did you find them? 

I have the Trumpeter Bismarck, like you do, and would love to install such nice parts.

Yves

Hello. I found it on ebay. Write kit for Trumpeter Bismarck.

Jan.

On 8/27/2019 at 11:29 AM, tigerdvr said:

Great start, very handy with the camera too, will be following closely.

Harley

Thank you. I will continue 😉

My disaster

I makes few big mistakes and my model go down. Bad colors, mix of type colors syntetic with acrylic and more errors.. Finaly when I saw what I do .. I was unhappy and I ask my self what to do ??

Keep it or repair ?? I try repair it one week  and has been still more bad and bad

20190731_184635.jpg

20190801_193037 (2).jpg

20190806_011204.jpg

20190807_124048.jpg

20190807_124059.jpg

20190807_124109.jpg

20190807_124126.jpg

20190807_124514.jpg

20190807_124534.jpg

New Start

First I told my self. Its Ok this shif I want for cruise not into vitrine. I keep it like this. But my second voice told me Its bad decision. So I start big repair

I write a plan what to do.

1. step down all coolors who must go do down...

2. step first color grey on top withaut borders direction left , right and down ( i will have less stairs between colors)

3. step dark tank grey on front and back

20190808_214632.jpg

Very good rescue of your paint problem  - it can be very  diss-heartening when that happens, it happened to me with my HMS Warspie build  - but with a re-think you managed to pull it back and what a Superb job you have done.

OC.

9 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

Very good rescue of your paint problem  - it can be very  diss-heartening when that happens, it happened to me with my HMS Warspie build  - but with a re-think you managed to pull it back and what a Superb job you have done.

OC.

Thank you.

I was looking on your job. I must grove on this skill... Because I have plan build my second Victory (first aprox 40 years ago from wood toothpick 🙂 

and my leg one time step on the deck of Victory in Portsmouth

IMAG0207.thumb.jpg.5962ba4be3e79e42074a568971b4c728.jpg

IMAG0240.thumb.jpg.849393a20194cba0cac2791a2523874f.jpg

I think that made ship from wood like your HMS Greyhound is dificult.. specialy when is amaller measure.

Video of Jack Black Pearl is funy and nice 😉

8 hours ago, yvesvidal said:

Fantastic recovery. Great job.

Yves

Thank you.

I remeber now that one time.. few weeks ago I was watching your job on on Uboot 552. I dont know that is from this site and I have not imagine that I will know autor of this nice job.

uuuh my English.. I want still write more, but...   few years ago I visit in Laboe (near German Kiel) Uboot 7c 41 nice...

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, yvesvidal said:

That battleship is going to move like an Italian Riva.

Yves

Yes you are absolutely right.

here is my first video .. first wet test.. I drive only one quarter of power.. otherwise Riva... video is not so good because in one hand I have handy and second remote controll

I have not video when I test full power and in this time front of shif go up (Italian Riva) and back side dive. I forgot that small windows is open I check only top of shif and water coming inside...

Edited by MadManSK
add video