MadManSK

BISMARCK by MadManSK - Trumpeter - 1:200 - with electric and radio control with PONTOS detail sets

Posted (edited)

Great video. Yes, these motors are way too powerful. You could: 

- Install only one motor (central one).

- Replace them for smaller motors (and sell these on E-Bay or keep them for another project).

- Try to run them with a lower voltage (you have to check if your speed controller still works).

Personally, I would go with much smaller motors. When I was a kid I built the 1/350 scale Bismarck made by Lindberg. It was a great kit, with moving guns and self rotating boat. There was one tiny motor and it was actually quite enough to move that beast in a realistic manner.

german-battleship-bismarck-lindberg_1_c71f88c3a07099b12263a46d0e3bbbf5.jpg.b97ccd2abf00e167344ff77c892ad573.jpg

With these powerful motors, you always run the risk of destroying your ship, if you hit a wall or a rock.

Yves

Edited by yvesvidal

34 minutes ago, yvesvidal said:

Great video. Yes, these motors are way too powerful. You could: 

- Install only one motor (central one).

- Replace them for smaller motors (and sell these on E-Bay or keep them for another project).

- Try to run them with a lower voltage (you have to check if your speed controller still works).

Personally, I would go with much smaller motors. When I was a kid I built the 1/350 scale Bismarck made by Lindberg. It was a great kit, with moving guns and self rotating boat. There was one tiny motor and it was actually quite enough to move that beast in a realistic manner. With these powerful motors, you always run the risk of destroying your ship, if you hit a wall or a rock.

Yves

I go the way: trial, error and I appreciate every advice but I tried the way use power up to one quarter. And on the whole I did it.

I don't like it when a battleship goes unnaturally fast too. I feared that and expected it.

In operation I will see what I finally choose. I'm sure I'll let you know.

I was intrigued by the Bismarck you mentioned. I found videos and pictures. I didn't know there was such a thing.

Jan

Another way to deal with the excess power issue would be to reduce the model down to two motors. If you only powered the outboard props and put them on individual throttle control you would also have the advantage of using the props to decrease your turning radius.

mtaylor

Thank you for the praise

mtaylor, Imagna, Old Collingwood

I have plan put superstructure into one block and use hide screvs for access to maintenance and repair.. than I will can open structure with riggig.  I want glue deck with some silicon glue when something happen with rudders too.

And when will be all finished and I will in operation I will find solution...

Idea of Imagna is interesant and new for me too. I like this advices and I will can come back and find best solution.

Thank you.

Thank you jock...

I've been watching your project before and I saw that you were doing it. I noticed this because it's also a trumpeter, 1: 200 and the same drive kit. Of course a kit for Rodney.

I would probably have tried with the original and then eventually changed.

I like to keep as much as it is real ...

I decided to add lighting only now

20190827_214243.thumb.jpg.23104f8c5da8a2d2ba47d2e949ea5c34.jpg

First I used a common white light diode whose light was cold and unnatural. Finally, I used with warmer light reminiscent of an ordinary bulb.

20190827_214418.thumb.jpg.7595407db5a9261316680913d6acd633.jpg

20190831_050939.thumb.jpg.e829eb80bfcbd8485c6ec1a622b75f94.jpg

I try made taillight on top where is radar antena too. Its very very small...

20190831_193653.thumb.jpg.1cbdaa428f1ce86e99657d222f2d383c.jpg20190831_134434.thumb.jpg.207c5dfdc372036c3a8390ea22d5ce3f.jpg

Yes, I figured I'd lose something. In the first test I hit a ladder in the pool and I remembered a small triangle at the back that probably hit him. He was torn off, but he was still there. I was glad because I would otherwise have to drain the pool and look for it at the bottom 🙂 And that my friend released me there after the end of the city pool.

On the ruders I laboriously measured and glued 40 small metal parts, I expected to disappear a few. Survived all 🙂 There are also 8 rows of ladders, about 60 windows. Nothing is lost. I hope it will remain that way. But I'd rather strengthen bonding 😉

🙂 Yves as I mentioned that I saw your uboot long ago and was an inspiration to me, you also colored PE parts. 🙂

As well as the reactions here all of you are a satisfaction and another challenge for me because I always look at yours works.

Not to dye also occurred to me. But Bismarck is my favorite ship. I've seen a few builds and I have to say I've always missed something

Especially the whole as it looked. Somewhere camouflage, inaccuracy, incomplete or a combination of it.

That's why I try my best to keep it as it should be. Baltic camouflage is most important to me and therefore the color will have to be. She is also very pretty.

It will really be a challenge I am looking forward to and at the same time I am afraid of.

That's why I'm in a hurry because I want to work on it. While working on the hull, I measured the position, inclination and position of camouflage belts.

This is important for continuing the superstructure. I spent enough time searching for historical images and viewing.

I hope  that you can understand what I want to say with my English... 😉

MMSK Jan.

uuupsss primer ?? I didnt use it before when I worked on the hull and I use PE parts there too. Also rudders is without... You know, its about my skill...

1 hour ago, MadManSK said:

Yves
do you see something interesting if you focus on radar antennas? 🙂

I am not sure... I would be tempted to say a submarine moored...but the hull seems high.

Yves

The point is that in most of the pictures is Bismarck either without all radar or has all three. Here he misses one in front on top of fire control station.

As for the dive, yes it is higher. It certainly does not have fully flooded buffer tanks, and probably not even full diesel tanks. Cruise through this channel is specific. I know it there. Countless times I drove over him and I also sailed a few times alongside him from Kiel to Norway. 😉

Incidentally, Bismarck had a collision with another vessel while cruising this channel. Even one sailor fell from the deck to the canal.