Ordering CNC milled carving sets for the Winnie or resin cast sets

Thanks Mike! It will be available for sale soon.Becaue it has been 8-9 months since the last completion of the sample of figurehead,so i make several minor modifications to the processing program, and now it can be produced stably. 

It may change a little,that is, I'll finish making all the individual body parts first and then produce the arm parts.

Release some photos. ..What the final product looks like this time,certainly,I will  remove the base (support).

image.png.4e5bde6c49797ccc3f69efdfb6cbef0f.png

image.png.dbb6c7749c4b051933fbe281df6f5fad.png

image.png.5a984fb82c11d2ce332b1699d804f7ec.png

image.png.335f186f1e5faba0c604e9c078222b5a.png

I'm sorry ... my phone doesn't shoot clearly...

Jack

Edited by hjx

7 hours ago, wja said:

Jack,

Can you please put me down for a boxwood set.

Thanks,

-Waldemar

Thank you for your attention and "like". We appreciate and welcome every member's purchase. As this set of carvings is a sub-kit of Winchelsea, it can't be sold separately, but if you have already purchased this kit, you can certainly buy this set of carvings.

So I want to know whether you have bought this kit of Winchelsea? If you haven't bought yet, hurry up and you can catch up with the first batch of carvings. If you have, you are very lucky to be listed as the first batch of buyers, because I've made several more sets. 

Thanks

Jack

4 hours ago, Tim Murphy said:

Jack, can we now purchase the carving sets? I did not catch your E-mail address?

Thank you Tim Murphy ,you can pre-orde, but you don't have to pay now. First of all you need to buy the kit of Winchelsea, and then reply here to tell me which one you need-boxwood set or Jujubewood set, from the end of this month to the next month, according to the scheduled order of replies, you can buy them formally. 

Jack

On 11/8/2019 at 7:56 PM, hjx said:

Thank you for your attention and "like". We appreciate and welcome every member's purchase. As this set of carvings is a sub-kit of Winchelsea, it can't be sold separately, but if you have already purchased this kit, you can certainly buy this set of carvings.

So I want to know whether you have bought this kit of Winchelsea? If you haven't bought yet, hurry up and you can catch up with the first batch of carvings. If you have, you are very lucky to be listed as the first batch of buyers, because I've made several more sets. 

Thanks

Jack

Hi Jack, I indeed have purchased the Winchelsea plans, sub-kit,etc., and will be starting the build log soon. Please let me know your PayPal address when the boxwood carving set is ready.

Thanks,

-Waldemar

On 11/11/2019 at 3:34 AM, wja said:

Hi Jack, I indeed have purchased the Winchelsea plans, sub-kit,etc., and will be starting the build log soon. Please let me know your PayPal address when the boxwood carving set is ready.

Thanks,

-Waldemar

Thank you verymuch Waldemar! Because I have made several more sets, you can catch up with the first batch of carving sets. Once they are ready, I will inform you as soon as possible. 

And this is the current progress. Several ones have been scrapped due to my mistakes or obvious wood grain defects,I will provide our members with excellent products. I estimate that I can complete all the body parts this month. If I am more prepared, it should be safe to start selling next month. The first batch of subscribers will receive their carvings at the same time.(re-edited on 11/16/2019)

image.png.2ca0426584c3e1f9e8588aafff7c42b3.png

Jack

Edited by hjx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

The body part of the first batch of figurehead is about to be completed, and I will make the rest ones of jujubewood. If anyone wants to catch up with the first batch, please contact us as soon as possible. As I am about to complete the design of the hull of my 3rd rate,  maybe i will spend most of my time on that project. Secondly, I can determine the release time, which should be next month. 

In addition, if there is any member who does not want to buy carving sets now but have pre-ordered, please send me a PM , thank you so much for your message. 

image.png.9d8456a552f2b7e6ce3162ae90ae7cfa.png

Thanks!

Jack

Edited by hjx

55 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Hi Jack,

Can you put me down for a boxwood set please. I’ve opened a build log but it will be a while before I start as I have an ill family member to care for, but I’m gathering the parts so once the opportunity arises I can make a start.

Thanks

Gary

Ok,I sincerely hope your family can recover soon.

Thank you!

Jack

Edited by hjx

Hi all

After using the magnifying glass, I was able to shoot the figurehead of jujubewood clearly .But it still can't catch up with Chuck'sB)C

image.png.833c713a81cbb650717541312b2f37f7.png

And the comparison with boxwood.

image.png.f54ab1c1648ac63f560269f0c1652b22.png

If only judged from the fineness, boxwood will be better than pear wood, and pear wood will be better than jujubewood,but jujubewood is harder than pear wood, and its color is bright yellow.

Jack

Edited by hjx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Today, I am very happy to see that Mr. Chuck released his photos of drop and figure soldiers assembled on the quarter Gallery, because this is my biggest concern. With 3D simulation, it can match the actual model without face-to-face communication and modification. In fact, Mr. Chuck didn't give me any detailed bodyplan. He asked me to calculate it from the original draught... 

This is the body part of all the figure heads in the first batch.

image.png.ec23dd354904b341e31d198b3c5cb568.png

And the first one of arm part made today.

image.png.526fc14c20f1f6d0b0549c0ada1c9ed9.png

image.png.a965c5018594f1a1d3f8c5a5566b9802.png

image.png.bd45080c3b8bd032e2191fde2e8e3f68.png

Jack

Edited by hjx

Hi every one!

I have finished 10 sets arm-parts. This time, I redesigned the fixture and optimized the processing procedure. So this batch of products is very successful. Except for the first three test products, the last 10 are all excellent products with almost no defects. And I'll finish the remaining 10 sets soon. 

Unlike Mr. Chuck's figurehead, the arms of all members' figurehead have been glued with German glue. I have also made some simple polishing for everyone, and I will remove the base for your folks.

image.png.3661ab30cc76cb117a319cc11743ecf6.png

image.png.d87e858b6d59c2b6554cae3acbe6d5ad.png

image.png.4d8fd94c033801fa7f8df6296e22edb3.png

I use a strong plastic box for packing, and each carving will use a breathable bag for packing one more time, so as to prevent moisture and 

It has some compressive strength.

image.png.5c2619893588acba80b408b3fb8ba8a5.png

I promise that if it is lost in transit, and if it is not caused by your own reasons, I will resend one set to you free of charge. 

I will complete the application of MSW's sponsor in these days, and then it will be released officially . I will inform every member according to the previous pre-order. You can buy them or give up. 

Natural wood has natural texture. I have scrapped all carvings with black spots, but natural texture cannot be avoided. If you can't accept these carvings with color difference and wood grain, you can consider purchasing resin casting sets.

Thank you!

Jack

Edited by hjx

Thank you verymuch for your kind words Mr.Chris Watton,and thank you very one!

First of all,many thanks to Mr.Passaro and MSW,thank you for your support and help.

The carving sets are available and ready for sale now.I will send PM to every member who participates in the reservation purchase.For technical reasons, my sponsor link will have to wait a few more days, but this does not affect your order.This is a complete set. On the left is the packaged look. On the right is all the carvings and the Gifts of polishing brushes & latex finger covers.

image.png.bf7134b0c0a36664852bef3a6c88b03b.png

Jack

Edited by hjx

The resin sets are now available.......The full sets are $120 including the figurehead.   

Stand alone figurehead will cost $22.

I have also decided to ship the thin pieces for the cove like this.   They are very fragile.  Just use a sharp #11 blade to remove the thin backing. It will slice right off.  Dont sand it off......cut it away.

thin.JPG

Likewise, I want to give big kudos to Jack for his carving set. I received it today and I’m just blown away by the detail and quality…. Pictures really don’t do it justice; they need to be seen in person to be fully appreciated!   

Anyway, thank you Jack and Chuck for all your effort with this project!

-Waldemar

• 7 months later...

Jack, are there any instructions or tips on how to finish the boxwood carvings? I haven't turned up anything yet but maybe my search terms aren't right. These carvings certainly are beautiful!

cheers- Scott

Scott

In progress: 1:48 HMS Surprise 1796 (DeAgostini/AL)

1:48 HMS Winchelsea 1764 (NRG group project)

1:48 City of Buffalo Lake Steamer 1890 (Dumas)

Finished:  1:48 Lackawanna Steam Tug 1900 (Dumas)

3/16" scale Kate Cory whaler 1856 (Model Shipways)

1:48 Puritan 1885 (Mamoli)

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2020 at 12:32 AM, milw said:

Jack, are there any instructions or tips on how to finish the boxwood carvings? I haven't turned up anything yet but maybe my search terms aren't right. These carvings certainly are beautiful!

cheers- Scott

I'm sorry I didn't notice your post, because this is chuck's post, so I didn't reply to you in time.

Here are some.Thank you!