Phantom by Duanelaker - Model Shipways - 1:96 - New York Pilot Boat

Made some progress about a month ago.   it seems i made the rail to thin and the straps that hold the deadeyes are to far inboard to work...this has frustrated me and i have put this ship away for now.

ship1.thumb.jpg.b1f5f27d66d64b5d9f3eda859d62a3f7.jpgship2.thumb.jpg.1b6c2490f92ab90a1b159b1d2f11264a.jpgship3.thumb.jpg.4b8088fb832b9f4d300f18e34358721e.jpgship4.thumb.jpg.28de5f90e4bcd7125f9485eb34288f3c.jpg

Well, it's a sensitive thing to do, put it aside for the time being. Maybe you will find the inspiration to continue later on. No worries.

Cheers

Happy modelling!

Håkan

Current build: Atlantica by Wintergreen

Previous builds

Kågen by Wintergreen

Regina by Wintergreen

Sea of Galilee boat, first century, sort of...

Billing Boats Wasa

Gallery:

Kågen (Cog, kaeg) by Wintergreen - 1:30Billing Boats Regina - 1:30Billing Boats Dana

14 hours ago, Duanelaker said:

Made some progress about a month ago.   it seems i made the rail to thin and the straps that hold the deadeyes are to far inboard to work...this has frustrated me and i have put this ship away for now.

I know about getting frustrated with a build, David, and I think that stepping away from a build at times is not such a bad thing.

I stepped away from my Pen Duick build for a long time because I got to frustrated with the poor instructions and didn't do any building for something like a year. I just followed others' builds here on the forum until I started to feel the urge to start building again. The Pen Duick is still going very slowly but I am determined to finish it. However, I found that I needed to build a ship that had good instructions and materials. So now I building the Flirt by Vanguard and I'm enjoying it very much while I continue to work slowly on the Pen Duick as well.  

I hope we'll see you back building something soon that you enjoy also.  

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

• 5 months later...
20 hours ago, gulfmedic1 said:

where did you get the gratting

i believe it was the smallest size that model expo offered.

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone !

Started building this beautiful model.  A friend of mine went to US abt 20 years ago and brought to Rio but never put it together so he gave me as a gift a few days ago.

Problem is that I could only find sheet 3 of 3.   The other two are missing.    Can anyone be kind to send me the drawings via email ? Alternatively where can I find in the web.

Duanelaker's explanation and pics are fantastic... will help a lot.    Much appreciated.

I desperately need those drawings.    Tnx a lot in advance.

Cheers fm Rio, Brazil.

Celso Marino

• The title was changed to Phantom by Duanelaker - Model Shipways - 1:96 - New York Pilot Boat