Norway

HMS Pickle by Norway - Caldercraft - 1:64 - First ever wood model.

Hi there everybody!

New member from Norway here. 

Just made an account on this wonderful forum. 

I have spent many ours reading building logs, and i must say there are some extreme skills around!

I have been a modeller since childhood, but only with plastic and R/C cars and boats. 

Until now. 

Started this Pickle build several months ago. Work and kids take time and effort so i put in some building when i have time to spare. 

Posting a few pictures from where i an now. 

As you probably already have guessed i am from Norway so please excuse my English 😊

20190921_171231.jpg

20190921_171723.jpg

20190921_171743.jpg

20190921_171806.jpg

20190921_171834.jpg

20190921_171846.jpg

20190921_171909.jpg

20190921_171956.jpg

20190921_172012.jpg

Hi Norway, 

That planking looks great, as does the coppering.

Well done, l am thinking of Pickle as my next build so l shall follow along if l may.

Best wishes as always, 

The Lazy Saint. 

You're doing great with the carronade tackle Norway...patience is the key here haha. But it seems you are handling it pretty well. Nice set-up with the tweezers in the vise 👍

Your doing a really fine job on the model.  You will be masting and rigging in no time at all.  If its your first time around with rigging a model like this you just might find you like rigging more than making the hull and deck fittings.   I am sure you are going to have fun doing so.

Chuck

I am deeply honored by your comment Chuck. Your modeling skills are a big inspiration to me. It's going slow with me, but I'm in no hurry! I have made some progress with the build lately, but not updated the thread.

I am following along with much interest....keep up the fine work.  :D  Have fun with the sticks and strings!!!!

Very slow progress as usual. Only building when i'm motivated and feel fresh. No hurry. Started some work with bowspirit, masts and channels. Caldercraft's 3,5mm deadeyes does not look good at all. The holes must be aligned by Steve Wonder. 

20191112_152124.jpg

20191112_152249.jpg

20191112_152328.jpg

Edited by Norway

That is the absolutely right frame of mind to take.  Its not a rush and should be an enjoyable process.   The masting is developing nicely but as you said those deadeyes are looking pretty sloppy.  Poor products placed in these kits have such a negative effect on what is otherwise a wonderful model that you are building.  Slow and steady!!!  :D

The eyes of the deadeyes are indeed terrible😂

Same stuff in my kit...weird that they don't figure that out.

Edited by mugje

12 hours ago, Norway said:

Just started to fiddle with my first standing rigging...

20191121_180753.jpg

20191121_180822.jpg

20191121_180931.jpg

20191121_194207.jpg

20191121_194231.jpg

20191121_194250.jpg

Your doing great Norway! Just step by step...I still didn't figure it out where those hanging pendants are for 😅, well...it will become clear at some point :D

Edited by mugje

Looks good Norway! You're getting there :)

I'm also not always happy with close-ups from my model...something to work on in the future haha.