Sign in to follow this  
Barbara

Rigging the sheet. On constitution

That is a pretty complicated question, since the sheet would be different depending on which yard it was on.

Is the sheet your only problem?  On the courses; main and fore, the sheet would reave through a block that was one of a three block configuration, as seen here on the plans for the MS Rattlesnake.

I'm thinking it would be similar on the Constitution. 

Sheet.jpg.7eced2a32168140fd2850f25766beb45.jpg

As you can see, without a rigging plan, it probably wouldn't be practical to try to talk you through all the sheets on the Constitution.

I noticed you asked another question about the MS Constitution rigging..

Are you having to work without a rigging plan?

Edited by Gregory

There’s sheets on ALL the sails so you’d have to explain which one. If your building it without sails the only sheet you’d need to worry about is for the Spanker. That sheet holds the after portion of the boom to the deck all the way aft. The Clew Garnet affair in the above post is a compromise where you pretend there’s an invisible sail, and the Sheet Tack and Clew are tied in that bundle and hang in the air, usually where the outer lower corners of the course sail would be located in space if the sail was set. That’s just for the two courses.  I feel this is silly but completists want their cake and eat it too? If the same sail was furled the Clew Garnet would be sitting up on the yard, not hanging down. In actual practice if the sail was removed then the sheet and tack would be gone too, and the Clew would just be a block on the yard, if that. It’s entirely OK not to include those lines for the course yard if there’s no sail on the model.

09A6469F-6029-4FCA-89CA-F003DBC2CD69.jpeg

9 hours ago, JerseyCity Frankie said:

I feel this is silly but completists want their cake and eat it too? I

I'm with you on this..    We see many examples where the modeler and the kit plans want to show all the  tackle and lines that would not be present in the absence of sails..

But then again, the list is long, of those conventions that modelers follow that have little basis in reality, but might be pleasing aesthetically, depending on one's taste..

I'm still trying to wrap my head around trying to rig the Constitution without a rigging plan..