I am currently building the Amati version of the Prince and have a brand new Constructo version I won;t be building.  I've checked several sites and it retails for anywhere between $689 to $559.  (Ages of Sail; Amazon;Mega Hobby;Internet Hobbies; and EBay) I'd like $450 plus shipping.   I'm located in Sun City AZ a suburb of Phx. So shipping costs will vary.  Let me know if interested and I'll take her to  the Mailbox Store and get a firm shipping cost.  PM me for phone number or for any other info, including an offer.Pardon picture quality I can email some better pics if requested.

Tom Wintrow     PS   I use PayPal.

20190923_115039.thumb.jpg.fb4970dae25212bbebc1771e77a34176.jpg20190923_115339.thumb.jpg.32ccc905cf54e3fd552955ffee952641.jpg

Edited by twintrow

I have seen the Constructo version of the HMS Prince finished and it is absolutely beautiful. I love Constructo kits and have built several of them and have found the materials to be of first rate quality, especially the woods supplied. If I knew someone who wanted one of these built, it might have been enough to get me to devote enough time to build another tall ship model.

Why not build both and see which one of the two kits turns out a better model?

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, that looks like a pretty good piece of work you have there, but a 200 year old model to me would be such a honor to do the repairs. Good luck on her and I wish you the best on her. If I had the extra cash, I would have been quite tempted on your Prince, I do love Constructo kits. But like you, I have a few others waiting there turn.   

• 2 weeks later...

twintrow,

If shipping is a non-starter you may try local pickup only, sooner or later you will get some nibbles, also easier to get your asking price instead of yo yo down prices In dealing with offers. I found you may have to wait a little longer but you'll get the right bite.:) Good luck.

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

If you feel the prices are fair then you have lowered the price by $50 already with a suggestion that you are willing to go even lower. Why not just list it at the price you feel is fair and you would be comfortable with after you pay the shipping. It is hard to believe that shipping within the country would be much higher than $50+. You might have to make special arrangements if you wanted to ship it out of country. People may be more comfortable with a fixed price rather than an unknown additional shipping cost.

As an aside. I have found in the past that FedEx is much less expensive than the other carriers on items like this, especially if yo are able to fit it into one of their special shipping boxes.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Lou, I just shipped a 40" x 15" x 15" box that weighed 17 pounds and upon checking with both Fedex and UPS, Fedex wanted $80.00 plus to ship it, UPS wanted $70.00 plus to ship it, but yet USPS, which I thought would have been the most expensive, was actually the cheapest at $52.00 for 5 day ground and this was with $400.00 insurance and the package went from Florida to New York state. So where Fedex and UPS used to be cheaper, I have found them to be quite a bit higher especially if I ship to the west coast. I'm not saying Tom is out of line on the shipping quote at all, I'm just saying that unfortunately with all the online retailers offering free shipping, or minimal shipping fees if the order reaches a certain amount makes it harder for us to sell an item and ask for ACTUAL shipping cost.

Also Ebay wants the seller to list a shipping amount and going from coast to coast with a box that size and weight, would be an expensive proposition.