Lindberg B17 'nose art edition' 1:64 by Popeye the Sailor - finished

Glad you enjoy the interior shots. During my tour of the plane I concluded when passing  through the bomb racks that the crew would need to be selected with considerably smaller waistlines than I had at the time. LOL

By the way, I see you are in the Manchester, New Hampshire area. About 1/2 of my family are from NH going back to its founding in the 17th century.  I graduated from the University of New Hampshire way back in 1965.

Ron Gove

PS, my last name has only 4 letters, and no “r”, although most people I meet want to put the “r” in there.😁

I do apologize Ron.......I thought I had spelt it the way you did :blush:  always nice to meet folks who hail from these parts.  I myself tried to migrate to Florida,  but my heart brought me back here...funny story about the day I came 'home'.   ....and yes,  I would imagine that any military hardware.......plane,  tank,  or the like,  had any creature comforts built in  ;) .   yes I did........it give a lot of options of what the interior can look like.  one could go with an aluminum overlaid with a wash of green,  and give a good rendition...I also noticed that certain aspects was indeed green.  for the floor 'runway'......one could also add a tint of flat black,  to show the foot traffic and slid ammo boxes.

thanks again for posting them :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Your B17 came beautifully by the way. I never seem to be able to get an unblemished finish, wood or plastic. And masking always ends up messy. Can’t seem to avoid paint seeping under the tape no matter how much I burnish the edges.  I can usually do a better line free hand than with tape!

thanks for the kind comment,  but some of my touch ups came out with very slight hue differences.   odd since I used the paint I had mixed.  I did most of it with an airbrush,  and touch ups were done with a fine tip brush.  

the walkways on the wings was a total mask job.........it wasn't till I removed the tape,  that I noticed the unevenness of the walkways.   I could have fixed them,  but I decided to wait till the plane was done.  as I hoped,  it's hardly noticeable.  I usually don't try replica projects..I never seem to get as close as I would like.  the only other one that I had a good time with was the Andrea Gail.  the only time I have luck with masking,  is with the airbrush.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch