Nice result Toni.  Back to the question about 1500 grit sandpaper.  Why do you think it necessary to go beyond 320?

Maury

Maury, with the softness of the basswood I find the surface visually smooth but when I rub my hand along it there is still some roughness.  With hardwoods I usually stop at 400.  It only takes a few minutes to sand it further because I am only sanding the lower hull, not the wale or bulwark planking.

Thanks for this great project.  I think I may order one.  I have always wanted to do a half hull and I still have so much to learn about planking.  I wonder if there would be any interest in this being a group project .  It seems like this could be a great option for beginners or first time molders in addition to people like me are novices and looking to improve skills and knowledge.    

Mark, I developed the kit with the idea of turning it into a group project.  As soon as a few people start build logs we will get things started.

Toni, where do recommend build logs go. Is it a kit? Is it a scratch build?  Perhaps if it is going to be a group project like the Winchelsea then it seems to be in a completely different part of the forum.

Hi all,

I know, that you have prepared some kits, but I like to ask, if it is possible to make the drawings and description available for members out of the US (for me Germany) . I like to give this small project a try but with shipping costs and tax it will become to expansive for me for a training project

5 hours ago, AnobiumPunctatum said:

Hi all,

I know, that you have prepared some kits, but I like to ask, if it is possible to make the drawings and description available for members out of the US (for me Germany) . I like to give this small project a try but with shipping costs and tax it will become to expansive for me for a training project

That sounds like a good idea. No prohibitive shipping costs.

Thank you Toni for this wonderful tutorial. I hope everyone who still thinks long straight strips will do to plank a hull has understood that it is totally impossible. Maybe some of your readers are withhold from buying worthless kits for outrageous prices.

You did a great job.

Christian and Ed, the NRG Board has discussed your situation and we had decided not to make the plan and instructions available as a stand-alone without the kit components.  We can talk about it again.

On 12/2/2019 at 1:58 PM, Blue Pilot said:

I just placed my order.  Looking forward to this, I am sure I will learn a lot.  Now I need to clean the garage and set up a place to work.  

Mark:

I just dropped off the kit at the PO.  Says it is due for delivery on Saturday.

Have fun.

Kurt

The Board discussed your request again last night, Christian and Ed.  We will not be offering the kit in a plans and manual only version.  There were several issues raised but the most critical is the fact that this is aimed at the novice model builder.  They would not be expected to have the necessary equipment and skill to be able to accurately cut out the components.