Before you start a new topic, please give careful consideration to where you should post it.

The most popular discussion areas on our forum are the kit and scratch build log areas. The operative words there are "build" (i.e. a project in progress) and "log" (i.e. you are chronicling that process). If you have a finished model to show, that should not be posted in the build logs section unless you are also sharing the construction process along with the completed model. Finished models should go in the appropriate gallery.

When you do post to the gallery, remember that your photos must be placed in a properly named folder (include the name of the model and your username -- makes searching for your model much, much easier). MSW staff will periodically clean out the gallery by removing all loose photos (i.e. not in a folder). It is also a good idea to rename your image files before you share them -- "HMS Victory" is much more meaningful than "DSC00071", for example.

The Questions forum is for site-related issues only. Other questions should be posted in the appropriate discussion area.

If you are uncertain about where to post a new topic, shoot a private message to one of the moderators. We'll be happy to direct you to the proper area.

Lastly, it never hurts to spend some time browsing around the forum to see if the question you wish to discuss has already been asked and answered, or if your topic has a related discussion thread already started. We have a pretty useful search function available -- make yourself acquainted with it.

Thanks for your help in making MSW the best ship modeling resource on the Internet!

I started a log yesterday and wanted to add a request for help with a step where I am having difficulty. Based on other logs I can tell there is a way to "continue" with the log but have a new date/time for the question I am adding. But I can't seem to figure out how? The only was I have been able to do it is to "edit" yesterday's post and add new info....but that is problematic as if it is a fresh question I am asking I would like it to be showing the current date/time and hopefully show up at the top of the log so there is a greater chance that someone can see it....any help on how I report a new question in existing log?