HMS Victory by Daliab - FINISHED - Mantua/Panart

Your ship looks great.   have moved to new place since the fire and things going well.  i have decided to start building again. this time i am going to build the Caldercraft HMS Victory. i have ordered it but due to the virus. it will be about 4 weeks before it arrives.   i will start a build log once i received it.   happy ship building and will watch our progress.    Dave

David56... Glad to hear things are on more of a positive path for you and your family. As for your new build log, I'll be on the lookout for it. After building Mantua's Victory, I too would have been tempted to build the Caldercraft version of the Victory after your Mantua version was destroyed by a house fire.  I was more motivated by price and didn't realize at the time the kit had changed as much at it has, in particular to the the stern cabins. I think the Caldercraft version looks better from the builds I have seen. I think you might be happier with the new choice if you didn't mind paying a higher price. I'll be watching with great interest. Thank you for your past help and advice on my build.  It help a lot!

Stay healthy and safe and prayers to you and your family.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Absolutely beautiful!  Very nice job!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

• 1 month later...

Very nice!  Love the added sails, great job!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!  Nicely done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

• 7 months later...

Made a new display stand for the Victory today from Olha Batchvarov's Youtube video. Although the original design was for a smaller model, it also worked with a 57" long model with very little modification.  Next I have to build a new display case similar to the one the Smuggler is housed in.

20210810_163947_resized.thumb.jpg.c97a085e9ba78876a410ae916e094832.jpg  20210810_164039_resized.thumb.jpg.f82ca4b606caed74761d942f27237650.jpg

20190905_151605_resized.thumb.jpg.e3603c595cda1bc20406f29ec452104d.jpg

Holy Cow! Spent $250 for the oak lumber to build a similar display case built 2 years ago (pictured).  Checked on the price of double pane glass for the display case.... $360.  Total $610.  The case will almost cost more that what I paid for the Mantua/Panart 738 kit.  Crazy.

Edited by Daliab

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

• The title was changed to HMS Victory by Daliab - FINISHED - Mantua/Panart