HMS Blandford Cross-section POF by SigEp Ziggy - 1/48 scale

I needed to cut the 1/4 thick boards down to 3/16.  I don't have a thickness planer so a had to set-up my benchtop bandsaw to do the job.  I will have to sand the cut side.  I printed the first of the double frames.  The red frame will glue to the blue frame to make Frame 1.

20nov2019 005.jpg

16 hours ago, SigEp Ziggy said:

tmj,

I think it is because this is not a laser cut part, is Hahn's a laser cut kit or just a style of building?  So, I have seen builds where it is built upside down, but those had laser cut jigs.

Ziggy

Hahn is a style.  So called "upside down" and he also stylized the spacing on the ribs.  There was one (I think) kit maker and one timbering set maker who used the Hahn style that I know of.

tjm, 

Thank for the info, I have seen them built that way, thought it was the way the jig is setup.

Thanks Jo,

You're always such a playful kitty.  Love your work on the mast and bow sprite.

I have an update myself.  Got this from Amazon today!  Also, I started working on the keel and Frame 1, AND I discovered that the jig drawing and the keel drawing don't lineup.  I was smart enough to not cut the jig to size and allow some room for adjustment.

X-Y attachment.jpg

26nov2019 001.jpg

26nov2019 002.jpg

On 11/25/2019 at 11:01 PM, mtaylor said:

Hahn is a style.  So called "upside down" and he also stylized the spacing on the ribs.  There was one (I think) kit maker and one timbering set maker who used the Hahn style that I know of.

There is only 'one' source of Hahn's style 'kits' that I personally know of, and they're only short kits supplying few laser cut parts, plans and the raw materials for you to layout and cut your own frames from... http://www.a wood supplier.com/shipkits.html

True.   They call them "timbering sets".... wood enough to do the framing and I think still a set of plans with them.  As for plans, one has to snail mail the Hahn family.  I suppose, someone with some time, could scan any plans and create their own Hahn style set.