• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Phil, and everyone who has looked in. 

Hopefully with the weather getting dryer and warmer here in the UK I'll be able to get Winnie outside and get stuck in to fairing the inner bulwarks so I can carry on planking! 

I'm looking forward to getting to work on her again.

Posted (edited)

Well the sun has been out and the weather dry so I've been out on the backyard with Winnie for the last couple of evenings, taking the bulk of the inner bulwarks off, just a bit of fine tuning with the sanding sticks and its back to planking.20210325_214937.thumb.jpg.9ff9677425b7183c04089aae5f250190.jpg

this is as she is now20210325_202038.thumb.jpg.30bbfff031bc88eb17fdc19575b30ae2.jpg

You may have noticed that the Wales have not been double planked yet,  I've done this as I still have some sanding to do 20210325_203319.thumb.jpg.caac4050a812f1d619729b5f751faea3.jpg

and would definitely catch the wales, so once I have it sanded and smooth I will fit the wales and get some paint on them.

Thanks for the likes and your patience 🙂 

Cheers 

Edited by Edwardkenway
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Thanks Matt. 

Hello again, 

Small setback with the port side first belt, the transition to the stern counter did not look great, in fact it was an eyesore, some very unsightly bad cutting and gaps. The 5 offending planks have been removed,  I would like to have it at least looking the same or similar to the starboard. As many have said, the second attempt often goes better.

Thanks for looking in.

Cheers 🙂

Edited by Edwardkenway