HMS Victory by Andi - Heller - 1/100th - PLASTIC - a "see me out" build

Hey all, I have been lurking around here for quite some time. I've posted before but real life and work just kept my bench time at bay. Hopefully now I may have some time for myself - or at least I'm pretty determined to make it so ... Tempus Fugit on many levels in seems!

I hadn't meant to open this thread so soon, but I've been struggling to get an answer for the most basic of questions (well I think it is)? My see me out project is that of the HMS Victory, in this instance the Heller 1/100th scale version, lots of reasons, both for the subject and for the medium - non of which I shall bore you with right now. Suffice to say I'm trying to be very grown up about this project? I have in fact had the kit itself for over a year now .............................

As proof of honest intentions.................... and to show those who've never seen the box - it's a whopper!!!

1826019730_Victory1-100.thumb.jpg.4f5d733d07e444f71c8201b25297fb4c.jpg

Now most importantly, I have procured a bag of those little plastic fellows - just because I think they're great and add a fun twist ... (this is not going to be a museum piece build). It took me over a year but I finally managed to justify the cost and reasoning to purchase a set of Daniels etch sheets - so far telling myself that I'm supposed to be a modeller ergo I resisted the resin - this may have been a mistake ... we'll see?

In a fit of excited anticipation I made these ............ as yet unproven and unbloodied - not strictly true as I managed to injure myself during the cutting out of the frames!Ropewalk-1.jpg.d75e5204446ab442e04bdf4fbb0186d0.jpgRopewalk-2.jpg.a92d16640f947d72e39db0cba8737a18.jpgRopewalk-3.jpg.1ae43e2d4865535020890fbae34e8673.jpg950730951_Sizingengine(1).jpg.c49ab59bdc2dd4ca7e38344e2a167321.jpg1535173084_Sizingengine(2).jpg.3ca8b61da8862bd99bb598daed31014c.jpg1121146883_Sizingengine(3).jpg.593768b35ea3da54e5163addfc926f9d.jpg

oopsey .... soz! I didn't think they'd take up so much room in the thread - but you can see 'em?

I've just ordered some weird special scissors - "Dental Castroviejo Noyes Spring Suture Scissors Curved". I have it on the best authority these are the dogs when it comes to rigging, plus it was he that told me to buy them (just a fiver).

Anyhoo .................... all this brings me to the question!!!? ............. where in the UK ('tis where I am located) is the best place - both price and service are a consideration, .................... to source aftermarket items such as Thread, Ropes, Dead-eyes, Blocks and general model accessories such that I may need?? - Pretty please - and thanks.

KBO ... Andi.

2 hours ago, ragove said:

I have used the Ship Wright Shop. Shipping to the US was cheaper than Model Expo for small light items.

shipwrightshop.com

Thanks for your timely response, I misread your post earlier (it's an age thing) And went to have a look at the Shipwrights site - VERY good, I will be glad to hear of other options as back-up but I can see me poring over their site with purchases in mind - Thanks again ... :)

Edited by Andi Little
Failure of the force!

Hello from Derbyshire,  Vanguardmodels, a sponsor on this site do blocks and deadeyes. Also Cornwall model boats have quite an inventory of timber and fittings and postage is reasonable.  Good luck with your build and have fun!!

Edited by Edwardkenway

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED