AMMO / RIG rigging elastic

Thunder

Hi,

Has anyone ever used or seen this product?

https://www.migjimenez.com/en/83-rigging

If already covered then please remove this topic.

Current Build(s):

• H.M.S Diana 1794 - Caldercraft 1:64 Scale

Completed Builds:

I would be hesitant to use elastic for rigging.  It would seem to me that the elastic material would disintegrate pretty quickly.  Much like have a rubber band in a drawer for a few years....

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Many years ago I experimented with the elastic that is used in the cuffs of knitted jumpers. I used it on the Pyro 'Bon Homme Richard'. It must be 18 years now and it is still ok. I never used it since just because it was clear in colour so all needed painting. What was left got used for securing baits to keep them presented correctly whilst sea fishing.

Current Build(s):

• H.M.S Diana 1794 - Caldercraft 1:64 Scale

Completed Builds:

As beeing said here, very common amongst 1/350 and 1/700 modellers. Also among WWI airplane modellers.

I think its there where it originated. Has been used for a rather long time now, and I have known about these products

for at least 10 years. Never heard ONE single negative thing about them.

Very simple to use, If there is a slight slack in your rigging, you simply use heat and it immediately tightens.

I would suggest the same product from the company "Uschi Van der Rosten", who has been around for some time now.

"Mig" tends to copy (try to) what others have already come up with.......they might ofc still be good.

You can easily find builds using this kind of rigging that has been built at leats 10 years ago.

Kind regards

Finishing Titanic 1/350 scale from Minicraft, Plastic. Partly scratch. Loads of PhotoEtch.

Upcoming builds: Syren from MS 1:64, Pegasus from Victory Models 1:64, Surprise from AL 1:48