Eduard's Dr 1 1/72 :Finished

Javlin

This should be a quick build with the paint  being the most complicated part of the build in getting the striping to scale with oils.The copit I almost did not bother with for one will never really see once done and so small but gave it a whirl. ;) Kevin

p51 005.JPG

p51 002.JPG

p51 001.JPG

Edited by Javlin

• 2 weeks later...

I used oils over an enamel olive base I selected white,blue,light olive and dark olive in the oils using a fan brush.The only thing I do not like about using oils is the texture left behind I tried to level it some with spirits but it was blending to much.I will get better pics later in the sunlight once this is all dry.I am glad I don't do this for a living now in 1/32 it might work better.

p51 005.JPG

p51 006.JPG

p51 007.JPG

Well I went at this some more concerned about the texture and found I could smooth it out for the most part flat soft brush with a light touch added some more white and blue into the mix once it cures good a couple of days throw out some pics.Thanks for the interest. ;) Kevin

looks like it turned white on you...unless it's the angle your holding it.    I got the roden kit @ 1:32 scale for Christmas.........showcases the same paint scheme,  along with three others.  I have a small collection of D VII's and Dr 1's.  I hardly have any luck using other paints or stains......I stick mainly with enamels.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

The tail is black/white and so is the engine cowl.That will be a hard scheme in enamels or acrylics the oils gives you time to layer it.If you want the site with I think some of the most serious way out of my league look here home page   https://ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.html    nice hints for WWI A/C  and the forum of the builds   https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?board=3.0

bookmarked it........I'll check it out :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

This one is getting close to finish another 1-2 hrs.The decal are giving me fits most of it is my fault the cross on the tail is crooked tried re-soften it almost lost it said the heck with it.I would not mind building a few more of these of Jasta 18.You can see the gunsight rings in the front pic.

Meet Mrs Runyon 001.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 002.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 003.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 004.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 005.JPG

Edited by Javlin

I went ahead and broke the tail removed decal and applied NEW decal to the same EFFECT!!! @#*^% So we took off that decal repaint the rudder all white again mt mask for the tail made it to the trash so I had to paint the black by hand.This time kevin glued the damn rudder to the plane and applied decal although the wrong ones for the plane it will just have to frigg'in do! I am good now :P Kevin

Dr1 006.JPG

Dr1 005.JPG

Dr1 004.JPG

Dr1 003.JPG

Dr1 002.JPG

Dr1 001.JPG

Edited by Javlin

really sweet trippe :)   looks small for 1:72.........I recall the pair I did when I first got back into modeling........seems like eons ago.  I got 'em from a gent in England off of E-bay.  the red baron and Werner Voss's.....I forget the scale.

1543657637_1.jpg.37abd89c759f9f48a2ad0a70c0ec0352.jpg   2108861081_2.jpg.dc12492ebb545b1fb7c3b15594a747e3.jpg

wonderful job........I hope I get the same resultz when I get into the Roden kit...

1047300369_boxart.jpg.55811cfadb2c3d233de0b4ee3e80d59d.jpg

I would like to get one in 1:28 scale.........a very nice scale to work with.   I built the Revell Fokker D VII in 1:28........ :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Nice Kevin!  Really came out well.  I'm working on a couple of 1/72 biplanes myself, very hard at this scale so I appreciate the efforts!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

enamels are all I use........mainly flats.  I do some dry brushing though,  so I get some sort of effect.   gotta love the camo in that era  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: