Princess Royal 1842 by Warnerade - Authentic Models - BOTTLE

Well my San Francisco by Artesania Latina build is coming to an end, just working on the stand and display case now I decided to start planning for my next build. 

My first ship was the Golden Yacht bottle kit by Amati, I will say I enjoy the larger models more but about a year ago I came across this kit on eBay and purchased it. From what I can tell the kit itself was produced and sold in 1988 and stopped selling shortly after that. I have tried to research the kit and there is not much on out there on it.

I was a bit skeptical purchasing something so old on eBay as the box was damaged in the picture, but from what I could tell it had never been opened. And when it arrived, it was clear that it wasn’t. All of the parts inside the box were still packed away and appeared to be in pristine condition. 

I have not started it yet, but I will soon.

6D6E71F7-DAD0-4D03-AC5A-DF1D34BA210D.jpeg

328D3408-1BE8-48F1-97A3-42A968BE9FF5.jpeg

Today was my first day off of work for Christmas vacation so I got a little progress done on the jig that holds the ship while building it. While building the Amati it didn’t require anything like this, I’m intrigued to see how all of these holes will be utilized.

next the fore and aft cabins will be fitted and glued. The kit comes with very crudely shaped wood so it will require a little filler and quite a bit of sanding 

9E23DB81-C3E3-4D32-9B27-23BE07C9D0EE.jpeg

A33F9D7F-7F82-4D2D-BC5F-01F2F1E6C0E4.jpeg

CFE63EBF-C93A-4B6E-934B-E65ECE9A470C.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Interesting to see the work on the Princess Royal!  I too am about to finally get started on this same model.   For some reason, I am missing the original template sheet?  I have, however, a Xerox copy but I do not believe it to be correct in dimensions?   I wonder if, perhaps, you could send me the dimensions of the "trestle jig" pattern off of the original template sheet?  With that I should be able to adjust what I have to create the correct size.

What I have shows the top template (marked off rectangle with the hole patterns) to be about 9 1/2" x 1 1/2"...no idea really if that is correct?  Since the directions call for a block of wood about 10" x 2 1/2" maybe what I have is pretty close?   Thank you!

Randy S.

Wow, it’s hard to believe it has been over a year since I have opened this and I’m really not amy farther along than the last picture. I got tied up in a larger River boat project and once covid hit ive hardly had time to even work on that (I’m a medical resident, just been way too busy)

yes, I will gladly send you whatever I can to help out 

• The title was changed to Princess Royal 1842 by Warnerade - Authentic Models - BOTTLE