Steam Ship Naparima by Kevin Kenny - FINISHED

Congratulations on the completion of a beautiful model Kevin! She looks lovely in her case - just nope nobody puts a knee through her glass while enjoying a cocktail.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

• 2 months later...

Congratulations!  Beautifully done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

I can and can't understand why he's not happy.  Artists (including us model builders) all believe the current project has problems and the next will be better.   I think it's looking good, myself, just needs the water.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 years later...

Kevin, thanks for posting this video. I enjoyed watching your build log develop and now we can see the determined approach to researching the model that went on behind the scenes. I'm a sucker for hard-headed research and this qualifies.

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

The result of this journey was my fully documenting the process in a paper and continues to evolve as more data gets discovered. I am now on the journey of looking for the plans of her sister ship the St Patrick. I came across a model that was in the science  Museum in london and is now in Prison in a warehouse. This model could not have been built without access to the original ship plans. So far i have been unable to find the plans but the journey continues. I am in touch with the curator of the science museum but she has not been able to find the plans. The journey continues. 

E492C32B-FBFD-4C4A-8D86-088E79C9D373.jpeg

4D8C98BD-52CA-4F03-97A7-30FA32299E41.jpeg

0DE5292C-4C1E-4BEA-81D6-BCAFA73D7598.jpeg

290FBE01-6B32-4DE6-8F8C-63A39E70B268.jpeg

7FF9F954-5A1E-4908-BB7C-25AFEF40AB96.jpeg

Kevin, did either ship carry out official duties in WW1?

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

• 5 months later...