Steam Ship Naparima by Kevin Kenny - FINISHED

On 5/5/2020 at 4:27 AM, Kevin Kenny said:

Just the rudder to build and install

17DB32A5-B29B-4FC8-9A99-C6F73015F09D.jpeg

3A8D7AAC-3C93-4D7B-BF43-86D9745AEED6.jpeg

66FE9759-A437-4574-8F5D-F5C62F825DA2.jpeg

34FDB240-D425-48B1-9E47-C91005F0C581.jpeg

09AC8A44-65E7-4788-BD25-D91F448B933E.jpeg

lovely boats Kevin, i consider myself just a unskilled kid of modeling and have been building first clinker lately, i ican tell you it was tougher for me than planking 3.half meter cutty sark mamooth. and yet i did not succeed at the edges but i will get better next time. i will try maybe this method when not clinker . :) 

Kevin; I watched both videos and they're excellent.......a real learning process...Moab

Completed Builds:

Virginia Armed Sloop...Model Shipways

Ranger...Corel

Louise Steam Launch...Constructo

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

26’ Long Boat...Model Shipways

Under Construction:

Emma C. Berry...Model Shipways

• 4 weeks later...

So glad you found Tobago 1677 on Prime. We had such fun making the film. It took 9 years to raise the money to make the documentary, but  has not been a financial success. I still have many of the guns used to make the film. Anyway i did not do it to make money, just wanted to record the history which is lost on so many of my countrymen. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kevin, I was watching your video on doors and windows.  What you need to do is to get a 40 or 50 watt Chinese Laser Cutter.  I have a 50 Watt and can cut all kinds of wood e.g. Basswood up to 1/8 inch, so called aircraft Birch plywood and many other suitable hobby woods and wood products.  Doesn't work well on plastics because of fumes but does work on acrylics.  Your windows and doors on the Naparima would have been much easier to cut with laser vs by hand.

If you want more information just email me.  NOTE FROM MODERATOR:  (Email address removed to keep you from getting spammed. Please PM's to exchange email.)

Beautiful work, Kevin.   A very graceful looking vessel.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)