B-25 Mitchell "Meet Miss Runyon" by Javlin-HK-1/32

Javlin

I started this build some time back starting from the front and working my way back.The build will be done in sub-assemblies with so much PE on hand I believe the only area I did not add PE was the bomb bay area.In the beginning I had the bombardier's ammo cans to far pushed to the glass and to break them free and reglued last night with the nose glass as a check for fit.The norden bomb sight has a few pieces on PE to be added.As I said sub-assemblies builds time off makes for a long build but the B-25 is one of my favorite bombers. ;) Kevin

PS: I needed to add the paint is a black base with a light coat of the main color leaving the corners/crevasses darker

p51 009.JPG

p51 007.JPG

p51 008.JPG

p51 010.JPG

MMR.jpg

Edited by Javlin

At 1/32, that's going to be a good sized model.  Looking forward to following along!  Mrs. Runyon is quite perky ;) 

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

look'in good......gotcha beat........tabled a He 111 twice already.   not because it's a Lindberg kit..............:rolleyes:  never heard of HK,  but it looks like a pretty good kit :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

1 hour ago, popeye the sailor said:

look'in good......gotcha beat........tabled a He 111 twice already.   not because it's a Lindberg kit..............:rolleyes:  never heard of HK,  but it looks like a pretty good kit :) 

Denis they produce some of the 1/32 scale bombers no else wants to do B-17,B-25,B-24,Mosquito and the Lancaster and when Tamiya does the same kit HK's are about 60% the cost of a Tamy kit.I got the Norden bomb sight in,pulleys installed to the glass for the center MG and repaired the ammo boxes on the right.I hope to finish the bombardier section tomorrow installing all three MG's.This kit is a long time com'in needs to be built.

Meet Mrs Runyon 001.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 002.JPG

Bombardier section is complete added to ammo belts and three MG's and added cables through the pulleys for the center MG.The upper glass is glue in place while I wait for the AM mg barrels making sure all lines up properly;) Kevin

Meet Mrs Runyon 006.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 007.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 008.JPG

Edited by Javlin

Just let it be known these things do not get built without effort about 10hrs here over the course of the week and not all is being displayed as of yet building lots of sub-assemblies.I also have a new book coming to help out on some of the stations/colors comes Friday. ;) Kevin

Meet Mrs Runyon 001.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 002.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 003.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 004.JPG

51pZrYTD4jL._SX397_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by Javlin

looking really good :)   hope you had a great holiday season.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

11 hours ago, CDW said:

Glad to find your build thread for the B-25!

This will be the first build review I've seen for a HK kit. Really looking forward to it. You've got a great start moving forward.

It's suppose to be the most accurate I think between the B-17 and B-24 cannot say as to the others. Kevin

I keep plodding along on this one the book helped with the Bendix  turret some PE parts was for the footrest once I knew that pretty much knew the position.I got the front hatch entry installed dirty a bit I think Eduard wanted me to saw off the original then install there's leaving the open hole hence the reason for the wash.The tailgunner station is just about complete doing ammo boxes now much like the nose boxes(5X).I am getting close to doing the Copit before long still alittle more work in the turret area.Thanks for looking in this build has been hoot! ;) Kevin

Meet Mrs Runyon 001.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 002.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 003.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 004.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 005.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 006.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 007.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 008.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 009.JPG

Edited by Javlin

really nice detailing there  ;)   what is the wing span of this model........I have a 1:48 scale kit in my stash

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

2 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

really nice detailing there  ;)   what is the wing span of this model........I have a 1:48 scale kit in my stash

643mm about 26".Got six cans built with holders still got to add straps.Denis I p/u the Airfix 1/72 RAF B-25 looks to be a Nice Kit

Meet Mrs Runyon 001.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 002.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 003.JPG

index.jpg

Edited by Javlin

21 hours ago, CDW said:

Love this 1:32 scale and the detail.

It and 1/24 are really the main ones I play in anymore if I happen to have an old 1/48 with the goodies I will use it otherwise OOB for me.This B-25 has been on the back burner for to long but it's going to force me into the other side of the shop to finish 1/2 cabinets planned.;) Kevin

yours has better wing roots than my Revell kit.........I measured it and it has about a 17 inch wingspan.  it still builds into a large model :)   I fancy the larger kits too.   I see you like to use stretched sprue for conduit........nice bit of detail!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I'm surpirsed at how far away that ammo box is for the tailgunner.... wow. 

CDW, I think 250 rounds was the standard loadout back then for each gun.   But it might have been more.  In Nam our loadout was around 250 per gun for the .50's on our CH-53's.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I think they overloaded the a/c with extra ammo on the bombers over Germany. More than the usual 9 yards of .50 cal per gun in a Mustang.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

16 hours ago, mtaylor said:

CDW, I think 250 rounds was the standard loadout back then for each gun.   But it might have been more.  In Nam our loadout was around 250 per gun for the .50's on our CH-53's.

I was going through the book to learn the location of the cans for the waist gunners position a can holds 200rds of 50 cal.;) Kevin

Edited by Javlin

16 hours ago, CDW said:

Great work, great photo. I never had an idea of how the ammunition was fed to the tail guns on this ship. This clearly illustrates it. The amount of available ammunition for each mission was probably rather small I would guess. Wouldn't take many bursts to blow through those two storage boxes.

They had tracks the belt fed through the waist gunner is the same way I am making the chutes now out of some styrene now nothing fancy a representation. ;) Kevin

31 minutes ago, Canute said:

I think they overloaded the a/c with extra ammo on the bombers over Germany. More than the usual 9 yards of .50 cal per gun in a Mustang.

I would not doubt that probably depending of the air defense's there and back the deeper you go the more you carry?;) Kevin

super job on your progress!   the detail looks awesome :)   

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

21 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Sorry to deflect the subject  but I found this Mark  -

https://jeffreyproctor.wordpress.com/2017/12/31/the-sea-stallion-in-vietnam/

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

2 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

Sorry to deflect the subject  but I found this Mark  -

https://jeffreyproctor.wordpress.com/2017/12/31/the-sea-stallion-in-vietnam/

OC.

Thanks OC.  I'll be opening a log soon for a CH-53 build. :)  Still doing some research.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

6 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Thanks OC.  I'll be opening a log soon for a CH-53 build. :)  Still doing some research.

I will look forward to that Mark.:)

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Pics never line up the way I drop them in?Anyway pic #1&2 are the seats with the PE added to dress them some detals the little box goes on the back of the Pilots seat and it looks like maybe a tool box?it gets leather PE handles later,

Pics 3&4 are the metal chutes for the ammo feed to waist 50's nothing fancy just two pieces of styrene glued to together giving that middle seam I wanted that.

Pics 5,6&7 is the IP scraped down getting ready big improvement with the PE rudders and 6&7 show the throttle quadrant under construction as well as the IP .I still have to add PE to the floor in the silver section and finish the IP and Quad then we go to the walls a few bits there.I am thinking of using HGW belts anyone ever used them before?I usually Radu belts I used my last set for the P-51. ;) Kevin

Meet Mrs Runyon 001.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 002.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 003.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 004.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 006.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 007.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 008.JPG

Edited by Javlin

6 minutes ago, CDW said:

Very nice cockpit. The seats look exceptional as does the instrument panel.

This is where a photo etch set really shines.

Thanks Craig with such a big office area should be able to see this area pretty good in this scale I got Airfix's 1/24 Mossy but I may do another Revell Mustang to keep fun before I go there.

Looking really nice  - so sharp  with all that detail.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.