Javlin

B-25 Mitchell "Meet Miss Runyon" by Javlin-HK-1/32

chances are,  if you were to paint the resin ones,  the defect might disappear......it's just a flow mark.  but the blades look good.   the left one looks painted...the one in the middle is the resin one,  so the one on the right must be the one you've sanded.  

35 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

so the one on the right must be the one you've sanded. 

Correct,the defects look to be from a mould that needs to be replaced and to many seriously and can bend and straighten them. ;) Kevin 

14 hours ago, Javlin said:

What do think about the hand props look good enough to your eyes?

This whole build looks fantastic to these eyes, including your prop blades. 

4 hours ago, Egilman said:

So when is the test run going to take place? I think we all would like to hear them run.....

It shant be to far away in the near distant future the box is just about empty. :D Kevin

Today has been decals,props and wash day.I made up a solution of burnt umber from a tube and thinner and started on the panel lines and just kept looking at the silver to bright/clean?So,I started with the tailplanes undersides liked the effect just enough lay down a coat wait about one minute or so and gently wipe witha smooth paper towel. The first pic shows the solution laid to the back of the bombbay door.Pic2 shows the whole side done.Pic3 shows the area behind the bomb bay untouched and Pic4 shows OD and decals all swapped down though subtle the decals are dirty now.I think when all done and in natural lighting it will all show. ;) Kevin

Meet Mrs Runyon 001.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 002.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 003.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 005.JPG

1 hour ago, Old Collingwood said:

That looks Stunning Kevin  - really nice work.

OC.

Thks OC got the top of the R/W dusted and chipped the engine and leading edge then another very thin misted coat of clear it matches the top of the fuselage. ;) Kevin

I knew that you would end up making those prop blades into something fantastic Kevin. Along with the rest of the plane! Great inspiration for those like me who are far less capable and talented just knowing that it CAN be done. 

Thks for all the likes and comments fellas helps keep the mojo going at a slow part an area I am not the most familiar with "weathering".I don't want to over weather the crate but I am working layers on the wings.The right wing I would dust spray clear dust spray clear then I smothered it in the burnt umber sit a few and wipe.The L/wing has only been dusted thus far twice and the wings are not locked!The other thing it still a "Tail Dragger" after all that weight and two motors!!Not to worry I will fix that plan already developed.So I have not totally loafing off  and found that the cowls were indeed a blue.

She's a beast in size could not imagine a B-17 or 24 in 1/32

Meet Mrs Runyon 003.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 004.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 005.JPG

The first pic is just showing slosh wash of burnt umber as you can see I stopped at the landing light subtle is what I want then I dusted top and bottom some more and the whole plane has gone flat.The second and third pic again wings are not locked but the glass masking finally came off I need to polish the inside of the upper turret for some over-spray no biggee though.I dirtied up the front cowls flat the props and need to do more chipping on the L/wing that's the fun part with the silver underneath the edge of the blade so lightly.I hope you gents like it ;) Kevin

Meet Mrs Runyon 003.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 004.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 005.JPG

51 minutes ago, Javlin said:

So I haven't finished a model in 4+ months! So I needed a little inspiration that all is not on standstill a 1/72 Me-110 "Nightjager" scheme there's a new technique to me I want to try for the paint.

I hope you'll open a log for it.   

28 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

I hope you'll open a log for it. 

Not this one Mark what you see now is about three hours of work I will be done with this in a flash the whole idea.The main thing I worry about on 1/72 is the aesthetic qualities,outward appearances of the crate. I will show the squiggles technique when I get there. ;) Kevin

I think I know where Mark was going......we usually don't mix two projects together.  what you might want to do is open a log with a paint and camo theme,  and let others show what they've come up with.  I myself haven't gotten too fancy with my planes,  and I think it would be cool to see longenze and different types of camo.  it's up to you ;)