B-25 Mitchell "Meet Miss Runyon" by Javlin-HK-1/32

Javlin

3 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

I think I know where Mark was going......we usually don't mix two projects together.  what you might want to do is open a log with a paint and camo theme,  and let others show what they've come up with.  I myself haven't gotten too fancy with my planes,  and I think it would be cool to see longenze and different types of camo.  it's up to you ;) 

Right.. separate log for each model.    Makes it easier to find logs when doing research.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 3 weeks later...

I have been incredibly busy of late with work and work we are out doing last years sales even with only two customers allow in at a time it becomes very hectic and now with new prodi-calls in place that complicate matters even more-so.I come home and I am wore out some days and we have lost two guys in the last week due to stress(one for sure) he looked at every customer that walked thru the door as a bio-hazard and we see alot.

So what I have accomplished is to get the gun barrels in place having to drill all the glass and tailgunner section to get the new barrels to go through these are after market parts and really look more the right size HK's were 1/2 the diameter of these methinks.I drilled two holes behind the copit for radio aerials installed metal tubes which run fro there to the tail.The other piece HK did not provide was aerials that go under the copit.I cut some some aluminum tubing then cut another piece that just slide over a collar lets say/stopping ring for depth into the fuse.The two pieces were squished in some flat non serrated pliers for about 5/8" and some left over PE attached(4/2 each bar) and elastic thread was glued in place that's why the draw now they are just in the holes.The wings are done I just need to tidy up the fuselage before I make that last commitment to lock them into play.

I have question guys   the canvas on the side mounts and the tailgunner what's your thoughts on color?even your experiences from Nam from AC-130 gunships may of had some?;) Kevin

Meet Mrs Runyon 002.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 004.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 005.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 006.JPG

Looking good  - that paint job  is top notch.

Take care.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

41 minutes ago, Javlin said:

I have question guys   the canvas on the side mounts and the tailgunner what's your thoughts on color?

Easy answer, Field drab with lightly applied black wash.......

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

59 minutes ago, Egilman said:

Easy answer, Field drab with lightly applied black wash.......

Thks went looking/found my other book that had some good colored photos of the era and black was it.

1 hour ago, Old Collingwood said:

Looking good  - that paint job  is top notch

Thks OC I do not weather alot of my work but this one just cried out. Thks fellas all along for the support/likes/responses soon the next part DIO! ;) Kevin

Edited by Javlin

Well this will be it for about a week fellas wings have been locked in no glue required.The plane is sitting properly on the nose wheel but also notice one single tailplane is missing that is all it takes to make her a tail dragger :rolleyes: Oh well that is an easy fix in the dio. I only have to add the bomb bay doors that antenna  and a few other pieces stuff you would  break off another 2hrs of work maybe. Ya'll keep safe out there  ;) Kevin

The Beast!!

japanese 001.JPG

japanese 002.JPG

That looks great.   I thought the side panels were removed before putting the wiast guns in?   C-130 gunship hadn't arrived when I was there.  Did see a Spooky aka Puff the Magic Dragon on the ground.  The windows were open.  If they weren't, the plane would have filled with smoke from the breeches as the guns fired.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Now that is a good sized airplane model..... (I see some of what looks like fishin' line, you gonna hang her up?)

Gorgeous paint job!

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

No worries, Kevin.  I was just testing my memory but with all the variations and the different types of aircraft, the B-25 might have had the windows with guns through them.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

18 hours ago, mtaylor said:

I thought the side panels were removed before putting the waist guns in?

Not on a B-25, the curved plexiglass waist gun cover was introduced on some mid war models and was permanent, on the aircraft models that carried waist guns, the gun was on a pintle with a rubberized canvas cover in the lower left corner of the window.... This cause the waist guns to be staggered when mounted on both sides.....

The B-25's never had an open waist gunner position.

Quote:

1 hour ago, Egilman said:

Not on a B-25, the curved plexiglass waist gun cover was introduced on some mid war models and was permanent, on the aircraft models that carried waist guns, the gun was on a pintle with a rubberized canvas cover in the lower left corner of the window.... This cause the waist guns to be staggered when mounted on both sides.....

The B-25's never had an open waist gunner position.

Thanks for the explanation.  

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

she looks great..........nice to see her with the wings on :)   really nice paint job!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

6 hours ago, CDW said:

She's big and beautiful Kevin. Congratulations on another outstanding model. Wow, you were so close on the balance of the model. Just the single elevator causes it to tail sit? Did you weigh the amount of ballast you added to the nose? Is it possible to add more weight without disassembling the model?

Craig I did not weight it or knew what was required did not see it in the instructions either. I just know that the fuse was heavy in hand to the copit and I did not want overload the gear it was just grams away a few more .22 flattened pellets :P I really appreciate the likes and responses but when it comes to the Dio it will be a separate thread.The 110 has been painted RLM 78 the technique I wanted to try was with pastels but I think my pastels are incorrect and I may need one in an oil base?and I might break that into it's own thread since time is growing on that build also.Thks to you All !! ;) Kevin

Fantastic Kevin!!  What's next on the list :) 

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

3 hours ago, Landlubber Mike said:

Fantastic Kevin!!  What's next on the list :) 

Mike I have been having a yearning for either the 1/24 Airfix Mossie or the quicker build the 1/32 SH Yak-3 which fits into an existing cabinet I need to get my **** into gear and finish the first four foot cabinet of two.

yak-3.jpg

"Please get the Mossie"   heard there are some rather nice kits at that scale.......please please.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

5 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

"Please get the Mossie"   heard there are some rather nice kits at that scale.......please please.

OC.

Both are in the stash now OC I have about 250 unbuilt kits ATTM and about 200-225 built and mine is consider by some a small stash.It really boils down to time and space for now :unsure: Kevin

8 minutes ago, Javlin said:

Both are in the stash now OC I have about 250 unbuilt kits ATTM and about 200-225 built and mine is consider by some a small stash.It really boils down to time and space for now :unsure: Kevin

I am biased  (just a little bit  :dancetl6:)    but will follow what ever you build with kean interest.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Well he only has another 249 to choose amongst? 🤔

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

1 minute ago, Landlubber Mike said:

I have more kits in my stash than the HobbyTown in Mobile has on there shelf(aircraft) anymore its a shame but the LHS have shifted to RC it's were the money is.I use to buy kits whenever I go on vacation whatever town to support the Brick and Mortar stores.They use to have a shop in Pensacola like maybe 10k/15k square feet run by an old retired Navy fella I would go on to  visit it  a few times Nice! :stunned: Kevin

25 minutes ago, Landlubber Mike said:

Think how much popcorn that will be for Mark to bring............😜

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

This the best picks of the stash for now the cabinet I built about 12yrs ago it's 8'LX8'HX 22"D the storage is 30"H on the bottom with another 12" above and it's not enough hence I have not been buying.I gave away to fellow builder in Mexico a retired Colonel about 6 kits I thought I never get to he did a knock out job on a couple that's how I am making room.  The last pic is about 60-70 1/72 builds on the wall and those cabinets are probably 20+ years old when a hurricane comes they come down of the walls heavy heavy.;) Kevin

cabinet 001.JPG

cabinet 002.JPG

cabinet 003.JPG

cabinet 004.JPG

cabinet 005.JPG

cabinet 006.JPG

Man Cave 001.JPG

Edited by Javlin
To show full cabinet

I remember building a few of those in my youth....

You do have an airforce.....

Quote:

I showed your cabinets to my wife and all she could say to me was "What would I do with my dolls?" (She has a number of cases all over the house that are like yours, but full of dolls). I have a closet that is full of un-built kits! 

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

27 minutes ago, Egilman said:

I remember building a few of those in my youth....

You do have an airforce.....

The 1/48 B-58 Hustler and the B-25 are two from my youth the B-17 is already done.

20 minutes ago, lmagna said:

"What would I do with my dolls?"

That's why Momma said we need to build you a shop the office/hobby room is7'X16' the wood work area is 16'X21"

Ken will like that top pic  bottom left😉

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.