B-25 Mitchell "Meet Miss Runyon" by Javlin-HK-1/32

Javlin

Just now, Old Collingwood said:

Looking really nice  - so sharp  with all that detail.

OC.

Yeah OC this kit cried "there's a time and a place for everything" this kit was it for me and PE I like doing OOB for alot of kits in 1/72 and 1/48 once I start getting into 1/32 it starts to change 1/24 is a must for both scratch and PE. ;) Kevin

Looking very good, Kevin.   

BTW, for the picture problem.   Use the chose files (lower left) and upload them.  Then move  the cursor to where you want the first pic and click on the "+"of the one you want there.   Rinse and repeat.  Move cursor, hit the "+" on the next one you want.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Can't add much to what has already been said about this build. Phenomenal work  

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

really nice :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

It's been a slow and cumbersome week lost a couple of days work in the office when I lost all power to the S.Wall I am not an electrician by no means  but when I built the shop I wired it except the fuse panel.I was kind of suspicious when the neutral had 125V read up in some forums and figured I lost a line nut on the neutral and found it took two days.The pit is getting close waiting on some HGW belts from the land of Aussie and some new props so only have to dress out the co-pilots side of things and the belts and the office is finished.The bomb bay will be up next in the line of things.  ;) Kevin

I see the self adhesive on the copilots side has come loose again GLUE this time!!

Meet Mrs Runyon 001.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 003.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 004.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 005.JPG

Edited by Javlin

The detail looks super nice Javlin. And that canopy looks huge! In 1:32, I guess it IS rather large. I've been eyeballing that 1:32 HK B-24, but wow, that thing would take up a lot of space.

You were right in something you said earlier, detailing is almost mandatory in a model of this scale as everything is so much more visible.

On a side note, you mentioned HGW seatbelts and it provoked a question I have about HGW wet decals...have you ever used them before? I have a few sets and I came close to using a set on my F-15E ordnance until I read their instructions. These wet decals are applied in a way that's different than any other wet decals I've ever used before. Evidently (as far as I understand the instructions), the decal is first soaked in water (normal), then placed on the model (normal), then after the decal sets for a while, some type of clear film is carefully removed from the top of the decal (abnormal). It almost sounds like a dry transfer decal except water is used. It was enough to change my mind about using them on my ordnance and decided to wait until I heard from somebody who has actually used them before.

56 minutes ago, CDW said:

Evidently (as far as I understand the instructions), the decal is first soaked in water (normal), then placed on the model (normal), then after the decal sets for a while, some type of clear film is carefully removed from the top of the decal (abnormal). It almost sounds like a dry transfer decal except water is used. It was enough to change my mind about using them on my ordnance and decided to wait until I heard from somebody who has actually used them before.

No I haven't but CD you just answered my question I saw on a video the other day when a fella used them on an FW-190 they looked like paint I just tried to find the video someone posted on  MSW.I was in one thread and redirected me to another but cannot find the original thread.I got the panel glued in place and the bottom fell out had to put the kit down for the evening Oh! I fixed four different frigg'in pieces I broke like it happen all in under five minutes...just walk away Kevin!

CD I think the guy goes by Plastismo youtube?

Meet Mrs Runyon 006.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 008.JPG

Edited by Javlin

This is nothing short of an amazing build Kevin. Words escape me.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

first class job Kevin!   I went out for thinner the other day,  and I picked up a couple bottles of that green chromate.  those tins look like the ones I have  :)   I've heard of that name......although when I did a search,  it took me to bass fishing and pleasure crafts {not exactly what I had in mind}.  I've compiled a couple dry transfer videos in my youtube....but haven't had the courage to try them out.  I still believe that there is a way to make the perfect water slide decal.......constantly looking for other programs.  cockpit detail looks super!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Not really dry transfers  Denis they go on wet and over a period of time the top layer starts to separate leaving the decal no silvering can occur.I just about have the bomb bay finished maybe some pics this W/E just need the belts and I can close her up. ;) Kevin

Edited by Javlin

1 hour ago, Javlin said:

Not really dry transfers  Denis they go on wet and over a period of time the top layer starts to separate leaving the decal no silvering can occur.I just about have the bomb bay finished maybe some pics this W/E just need the belts and I can close her up. ;) Kevin

If I understand correctly, these decals would eliminate the need to clear coat before applying the decals (to prevent silvering). Like other new things, will need to test and practice to get the hang of it. 

These decals may turn out to be a slower process to apply, but the results should be much better in theory. I'm wondering how difficult they will be to position properly the first go 'round. Seems like that might be problematic. Unlike slide decals, these can't be moved around to a correct position, it's got to be right in the first placement.

Thanks for sharing that video. Exactly what I needed to see. Not quite as difficult as I had imagined since they can be moved to a correct position before they set.

Interesting to note that it's probably advantageous to cut them out with a little extra margin to allow easier removal of the clear film. Now I'm excited to try out my decals. I have a boatload of HGW wood grain decals for my WW1 models that I have not tried yet.

1 hour ago, yvesvidal said:

Beautiful cockpit. It helps to work at 1/32nd or 1/48th scale..... I cannot stand the 1/144th of my Space Discovery interiors.

Thanks Yves it does help but I really only do this on subjects of interest anymore and 1/32 or bigger even 1/48th is almost off the list I did do this one in 1/48th I luv REECE crates in p-51's.;) Kevin

lil margaret 013 (900 x 675).jpg

lil margaret 014 (900 x 675).jpg

lil margaret 028 (900 x 675).jpg

lil margaret 024 (900 x 675).jpg

lil margaret 023 (900 x 675).jpg

Edited by Javlin

Amazing detail  just hope I can do my mosi  close to this level  of detail.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

48 minutes ago, Javlin said:

I can't remember OC are you doing the 1/48 or 1/32?I have the ole Revell 1/32 with some new decals and stencils and started adding some scratch bit to the pit.Yahu make some Nice IP's and in 1/48 also. http://www.yahumodels.com/

Screenshot_2020-01-31 YMA4830 Mosquito NF II FB VI Tamiya – Yahu Models.png

Yep its the Revell  1/48  version with a few aftermarket bits  that came with it.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

• 3 weeks later...

I have taken this interior about as far as I am willing to go she now sits over night with the top seam drying.I made the box to hold some lead .22 pellets smashed out and started filling the wheel well area and underneath the floorboard of the bombardier section.As for the belts I think I am going back to Radu's  they are easier to play with in my opinion used them on the P-51.  ;) Kevin

http://www.radubstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=89_126&products_id=201

Meet Mrs Runyon 003.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 004.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 005.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 007.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 008.JPG

Looks like you had to add a lot of weight to bring that nose down! Beautiful work on the interior. I feel almost like I am walking through the real thing in a museum.

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Coming along very nicely Kevin!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

6 hours ago, lmagna said:

Looks like you had to add a lot of weight to bring that nose down! Beautiful work on the interior. I feel almost like I am walking through the real thing in a museum.

Still don't know if it will be enough Lou may put some in the engines?thks Mike ;) Kevin

Edited by Javlin

B-25 models in general are notorious tail sitters. 

Remember the company that used to specialize in nose weights made specifically for certain models? I can't recall the company name, but they made weights in the correct shape to fit perfectly in the nose of your model. I've wondered if they were still in business but I doubt it. Things like that come and go. 

I've been pulling all nights this week so not alot to show.The fuse was married some days ago and sanded when I had ambition and time to which I broke out 3Xbombs,busted the mount for the upper ball turret and broke the 50cal out of the nose piece.Good thing all are easy repairs and the only one left to fix is the bombs going to wait till the paint is laid.I took the advantage of the nose gun coming loose to retread with the appropriate color thread of grey and most of the masking is just about done.The plane is huge the bottle of paint was to show the size but it really does not work but I can tell you the tail is about 7/8" across the wingspan of a 1/48 fighter.I am going to finish the wings before I move on to the engines.Thks for looking in ;) Kevin

Meet Mrs Runyon 002.JPG

Meet Mrs Runyon 001.JPG

Edited by Javlin

Great seeing you back on her.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.