San Francisco 2 by fish - Artesania Latina

Finished up the rubbing planks with a few timbers to spare. I started my side railings by attaching the pegs first. The instructions seem to indicate that the lower side rail top is even with the bottom of the upper side rail so that they can be one continuous timber this is not the case on my model. If I want them to be joined together I will need to add a connection and of course I want it to be parallel with the connection already there. This will require some measurements and planning. I've been looking ahead in the instructions and they seem to indicate that the grates are all metal but they are timber which will need to be built. AL strikes again!

post-245-0-87074200-1453688366_thumb.jpeg

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” - Augustine

Current Build:

Artesania Latina San Francisco II 1:90 Scale

On the Shelf:

Model Shipways Armed Virginia Sloop 1:48 Scale

Wow, Aaron, she really is coming together very nicely. I am so happy to see you have continued. As for length of time, hell my syren sat idle for more than a year while I dealt with my mom's death, kitchen and dry dock remodeling, and just a busy life. But I am back at her. Taking it slowly, when I have time. I might only get a day or two a week ( couple of hours) but that is okay. There is no time limit or rush. 

Al is great for making you use logic, planning, and ingenuity. But that comes in handy for other projects too!

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)