La Niña by CRI-CRI - FINISHED - scale 1/48 - ship of Cristoforo Colombo - 1492

Thanks, Dan,

It was my first idea, no mast...

Someone said to me that it had no rear chamber, but I can also add such a disposition, and reduce to three the number of thole-pins each side

I have any book about the Niña  by Pastor, I used just a summary HTML copy of hull's frames for my built, with several great errors I tried to fix

The boat looks great.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

she looks lovely. I specially like the fact there is no cannons and minimum of rigging to do...

and as I have just discovered your log I don't know if you have been told your log is in wrong section...

Pavol stands for Paul, Pablo, Paolo etc. Please do not try to pronounce it, just call me Pav...

I found the latin rigging much more difficult than the classical squared  rigging, it looks easy, but it isn't...

About the classification of  my built, sorry, am I also right : it's a scratch built, not a kit, and more, without verifiable historic

source, following an original method, starting from logical reasoning to compensate for the lack of reliable documentation 

I hope that you will,nt be disappointed... 😘

Its the amount of rigging that appeals to me. I am building Pinta, scale 1/96 from Shipyard, paper model. It has a little bit more rigging, but still less than USS lexington. Thats why i will finish it sooner.

regarding category, year of built puts it in build logs for vessels built prior to 1501. You put it in 1501 and over. Its only slight oversight which does not bother me that much. Only some people searching for logs according to year of building wont find it.

Pavol stands for Paul, Pablo, Paolo etc. Please do not try to pronounce it, just call me Pav...

Since you approved the idea, CRI-CRI, I went ahead and moved this to the proper area.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)