Artesania Providence - Vertical keel and frames question

Hello.

I'm making a new ship to refresh myself. My current build is la recouvrance from Soclaine which is 80cm long midlde size ship. I've already spend half year for it. This is a little ship, so it won't take more than a week.

DSC_7520.jpg.4a84ee85d5c5cd9dfe1a031bce22e189.jpg

By the way, I found an issue from the kit's manual. The keel looks bisymmetry, but actually not. Unfortunately, the manual doesn't explain which side is a font and rear.

stern.jpg.e331268a86a951bda8f0bc0b8bf66d6c.jpg

Here are the part numbers. The wood is 4.00mm birch plywood.

stern2.jpg.8eda803ce77f35e1ad1138c418043eb6.jpg

I measured them all, and confirmed that the vertical keel has front and rear side. The problem is I don't know which side is front.

stern3.jpg.b50998c7261d695232489ecdf8c6ccde.jpg

I also double checked the next sections of manual, and confirmed that this is not an error, but scheduled design by Artesania. The problem is that the manual doesn't explain which side is a front! In addition, there are no clues to find a front and rear side on the other sections of manual in my opinion.

As you know that the Artesania went bankrupcy, I can't find a place to ask this question. Could you help me to find a correct way? Even it is a small ship, this difference will affect mast and riggings considerably in my thought.

Edited by modeller_masa

I can't answer your question but I will suggest you open build log in the kit area.  There is one kit build of the AL Providence but it's not looking at all like yours.  You mention "la recouvrance from Soclaine" so are you're quesitons about the AL model or the Soclaine?

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

8 hours ago, mtaylor said:

I can't answer your question but I will suggest you open build log in the kit area.  There is one kit build of the AL Providence but it's not looking at all like yours.  You mention "la recouvrance from Soclaine" so are you're quesitons about the AL model or the Soclaine?

Yeah, I've already searched, and the few logs didn't help me. I think people in this experts' community doesn't make the 'easy' ships frequently.

Also, because of my pooor english skill, opening build log is too much pain for me. 😂 I don't like grammar quiz... I have a a plan to post all of the pictures only when it's done.

The La Recouvrance is from french company, 'Soclaine'. 

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Acoc68c58GsJ:www.soclaine.com/patrimoine/25-la-recouvrance-3249916016003.html+&cd=13&hl=ko&ct=clnk&gl=kr

I temporally holded it for a week, and I'm making the Providence by Artesania Latina (#ref 19018). Sorry about confusing text.

As for the build log, just post progress pictures as do many of our non-English speaking members.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Looks like you are doing the Providence whale boat!  Start a log I am sure someone can help 😊