Chopped Hudson lead sled

philo426

unique engine.......is it an L6?  nice looking car. :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

interesting..........very sweet looking car..  what are you using for a camera......not doing it any justice.   I recently bought a 1960 Chevy Belair....we had three of them in our family.   My Mom's car was a '59 she called Agnes,  had an L6.  it got taken out late one night by a drunk driver,  as she was coming home from work.  she was unhurt.   my father's car was a '60 or '61....black with an L6 under the hood as well.  it went to the bone yard,  but before it did,  I fell out of the hayloft with an old tricycle and landed on the hood,  denting the hood and driving the foot peg through the hood and the valve cover.  I was unhurt.......except for my bum afterwards :blush:

the model has a V8........348 cu. in. with triple carbs.....they tout this model as stock.  I don't believe it.....stock would have been an L6,  like my dad's.2001209840_1960ChevyBelair.jpg.911eb3e7e5ecf7beeb21ca704ee41300.jpg

my dad's car to a 'T' :) ....Mom's was White.   my brother had one too,  another 1959.......got it from a junk yard,  sitting on top of a pile ready for the crusher.  it was like buying a cut of meat from the market.......my dad pointed to it.....told Mr. Currier that he wanted it,  and they brought it down with a modified skidder,  originally used for logging.  we picked out four rims with inflated tires,  put 'em on and towed it home.  his was red and white.   I don't recall if it had an L6.......but it drove fine until my brother decided to get gas from one of the old junks out back,  'cuz he was short on cash  :D   .....ruined the engine........R.I.P.

the kit was produced in 1998,  by Revell / Monogram Germany......it's a very nice kit with lots of detail.  it includes all the chrome.........I've seen older kits like this.....and in a flip top box to boot.  don't mind me.......I'm a Rambler........but never a Nash ;)   you build some really nice car models :)   any insight,  or can you point me to where I can get an L6 engine for this model.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

1 hour ago, popeye the sailor said:

I was unhurt.......except for my bum afterwards :blush:

Are you certain? It could go a long way in explaining why you are like you are today! :P:D Dumb question though. WHY were you in the loft with a tricycle in the first place?

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

AWWWWWWW!  that looks so sweet!   love turquoise :wub:  I'd lift my pant leg and thumb for a ride  ;)   excellent model.......really nice.

Lou.......I was like 9 or so when that happened.  my father would catch us up there and he warned us that if he caught us up there again,  we'd spend the night up there.  the barn was where we pulled engines out of cars.....a telephone pole spanned across the middle with a chain fall.  the two sides were for hay and there was an area above that connected the two lofts together.  we kept some of our stuff up there......my old tryke being one of the items.  the car was parked below.......I started to ride it around up there and one of the rear tires went off the ledge......me and the tryke followed rather quickly.  put a real good dent in the hood!  we had to go to Currier's junk yard for a hood and a valve cover.  took a few good falls in my day.........never on my head though ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

We had a HUGE barn with a hayloft as well when we were young. About the only thing up there in those days though was a few bales of hay and Black Widow spiders. I used to catch the spiders in jars, my sisters HATED them!😈

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey