Byrnes responsiveness

Nope. Not hardly. Odds are he'll respond to this post in short order. 

As I understand it, they are pretty much immediately available by telephone during business hours, Florida time.  It's a small family owned business. It's not like they "have operators standing by to take your call." We all go on vacation now and then, an so on. I've never heard of anybody having a problem with getting through to them. They are known for excellent personalized customer service.

Geraddm, One of the BEST vendors, in any genre. it would be hard for me to decide who treats us better Jim or Chuck..... I’ve never met either one but I consider them both  a friend.    you’ll see.....

Lou

Gerard,  I second Lou's response.  I was lucky to meet Jim some years ago at his shop when I was in his area on a business trip  and he gave me a great tour on building a thickness sander which I ordered by the time we were done.  Same for Chuck, when I was living in NJ  I was fortunate to attend a number of model club meetings in north New Jersey where Chuck has been a very very active member.  He was giving great tutorials long before he jumped into his current business.   You will not be disappointed. 

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

On 2/12/2020 at 6:46 PM, Gerarddm said:

Just curious: twice in the past couple of months I have used the email function of the Byrnes Model Machines website to ask a couple of questions ( there is no direct email address that I can find ) and got zero response.

Is he always this uncommunicative?

I’ve not had any response to recent emails using their web system, but I have received a call back. I think as they’ve replied here there is a problem with that system. No offense, I love my Byrnes saw and sander, but their website appears to be of a very old design and could use a refresh. 

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

I had a problem with my saw (user error!) when I first got it.  I emailed Jim and he actually spent an hour on the phone walking me through the problem - on a holiday weekend no less.  Well above and beyond what I would have expected.  I've dealt with him and Donna since on multiple occasions and nothing but the best and most courteous service.  

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)