Moab

Portable mini led light

Attached are a few pictures of this mini led light I found at ACE (two pack for about $25.). Each has two light levels and measures about 4" x 3" x 1".  I use one for a mini sanding dust hood I made. They are small and very portable. I move them around as needed...Moab

light 4.jpg

light 3.jpg

light 2.jpeg

Light 1.jpg

Mike; I’m still looking for a “very small” but powerful fan that will help me exhaust dust through a filter in the back of the booth... Moab

Moab,

I suggest using one or two fans taken from an old computer to exhaust the dust...they're small and pretty powerful. Something to consider, anyway.

Alttached is the actual package at Ace Hardware. If you want one and can't find it at your local Ace I'd be glade to purchase it for you (while supplies last). Cost is about $17 +- plus tax. I'll ship at the lowest cost I can find (usually book rate if I can convince them it's a book).LED.thumb.jpg.6a954481b57ef70c32c0fef1c6abf1e5.jpg I have absolutely no profit motive but no returns accepted...Moab

30 minutes ago, Moab said:

I'll ship at the lowest cost I can find (usually book rate if I can convince them it's a book)

You don't want to get caught doing that.  I mixed up a couple of packages I was mailing for the NRG office and mistakenly sent one at the media mail rate and it was returned with postage due at the regular rate and I had to re mail it at the regular postal rate.  So it cost double the regular rate plus the original media rate. 

On 2/25/2020 at 4:08 PM, Moab said:

actual package at Ace Hardware. If you want one and can't find it at your local Ace I'd be glade to purchase it for you (while supplies last). Cost is about $17

There are better alternatives, 2 examples, a LED bulb twice as bright than 800 lumens and the LED light for video, more than 10 times as bright.

The price of the LED bulb lower than $17. You need at least something brighter than 1000 lumen.

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3565.jpg

It all depends on your needs. My small leds are perfect for my small Preac sanding box and even better to place on the deck just a few inches from where I'm working.I do have much larger leds for general lighting...Moab