1936-1939 Mercedes Benz 540K by JACK12477 - 1:24 - Italeri - FINISHED

Jack12477

8 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Wow! The library is becoming quite detailed and quite comfortable. Don't forget the glass of 100 year old brandy for those of us who don't smoke.  

You don't have to smoke it... just fiddle with it, gesture with it.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

8 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Wow! The library is becoming quite detailed and quite comfortable. Don't forget the glass of 100 year old brandy for those of us who don't smoke.  

I'm a Rum man  - cant stand Brandy   will  take a JD  though or Jim Beam    but   give me Rum  any day   (what else for a Pirate):dancetl6:

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Good whisky, scotch, brandy, and even rum. In that environment any would do, but you would need the smoking jacket as well.:D

If you are going to go for the cigar, then why not just break out the pipe? My father used to smoke an occasional pipe in the evenings when I was a child. Sometimes the tobacco he used was quite aromatic.

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Sounds like a great library. I think the pipe could work. The brandy snifter is a real need, too. Maybe a little Drambuie or a Couvoisier.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

The tobacco for the pipe could be flavoured with a touch of rum😀my great grandad used to moisten his old baccy this the smell was lovely. 

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

WOW.  That was some GPS malfunction - we took quite a detour thru the forests  ;);)

Getting back on track.

I primed the black plastic body parts with Tamiya Fine grey primer. Then repainted them in a Dark Chocolate.  For the side panels (cast in yellow) I over painted them with a Sand color and for the seats and other interior upholstery I painted them Fawn color.  Then started to assemble the pieces.  Interestingly the transmission, engine oil pan are chrome plated.  I would expect the engine head cover to be chrome but this is a new one for me.

Note to Lou: The floor wax has not been applied to the Chocolate Brown fenders yet.  That should deepen the color and provide a nice gloss look.

IMG_7844.JPG.eb38282a8b8ce25661cb02ae39403333.JPGIMG_7843.JPG.733a338bd5b8f21bad868d2bd2d8a4d4.JPGIMG_7846.JPG.bc0c1e370c52d3789f912a8d45547444.JPGIMG_7847.JPG.fc1b9d16ce0605401873237815948d56.JPGIMG_7845.JPG.30027dcd8834e6b58cdcf046e870b773.JPGIMG_7849.JPG.ba1be3fa14e37a835363e0cd122ddeba.JPGIMG_7850.JPG.2d9133538fceeed607f174f7d17c125d.JPGIMG_7853.JPG.509cf4f764a0e91442cf3c9020b1b799.JPGIMG_7854.JPG.9ea75c812f65fb4b6263e35385f0a0ee.JPGIMG_7855.JPG.30844654652fe5cbef148f3bca9fa920.JPG

24 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

WOW.  That was some GPS malfunction - we took quite a detour thru the forests  ;);)

That's what happens when you leave your build log unsupervised for so long. :D

24 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

Note to Lou: The floor wax has not been applied to the Chocolate Brown fenders yet.  That should deepen the color and provide a nice gloss look.

No need to answer to me about color or finish. It only took me two weeks just to get the paint to STICK on my Huey build!:huh: I have no place to even mention anyone else's painting abilities or efforts! In fact you were the one who taught me about using Future to create a gloss finish from whatever surface you were using as a base. It's is an obvious use for Future therefore it was too hard for me to figure out on my own!:( 

The seats look perfect. The color is exactly the same as the brown part of my seats in my Mini Cooper. I think Mini calls it camel. Either way I like the color.

I think in the real engine the head would not be chromed, (Or in those days Nickel plated) but probably painted the same color as the rest of the engine. Same for the oil pan. I don't think pimping out the engine compartment was ever a big aspect of cars back then. Most people who owned cars like this probably never even opened the hood themselves anyway.  

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

3 hours ago, lmagna said:

And here I thought I had a contingent of Marines guarding the port ! :huh: 

Guess I should have asked my local Coast Guard unit to provide Port Security while I was out looking for fresh paint :D:D;)

Edited by Jack12477

3 hours ago, lmagna said:

No need to answer to me about color or finish. It only took me two weeks just to get the paint to STICK on my Huey build!:huh: I have no place to even mention anyone else's painting abilities or efforts! In fact you were the one who taught me about using Future to create a gloss finish from whatever surface you were using as a base. It's is an obvious use for Future therefore it was too hard for me to figure out on my own!:( 

The seats look perfect. The color is exactly the same as the brown part of my seats in my Mini Cooper. I think Mini calls it camel. Either way I like the color.

I think in the real engine the head would not be chromed, (Or in those days Nickel plated) but probably painted the same color as the rest of the engine. Same for the oil pan. I don't think pimping out the engine compartment was ever a big aspect of cars back then. Most people who owned cars like this probably never even opened the hood themselves anyway.  

Oh you can just feel the love with all this bickering going on sounds like work :P Kevin

All your colors look good Jack. Like Lou said.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

I like the seats  they have come up like  beige leather.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

1 hour ago, Javlin said:

Oh you can just feel the love with all this bickering going on sounds like work :P Kevin

Or a bunch of military vets at the local watering hole aka pub :D

really nice progress Jack.........the color scheme is gonna look neat :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

13 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

Or a bunch of military vets at the local watering hole aka pub :D

Only if you are buying Jack! Last I heard you were covered in snow with Spring nowhere to be seen! Besides it's a long drive. :(

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

2 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Last I heard you were covered in snow with Spring nowhere to be seen

It was 60 F today. Haven't seen snow since December.  You must be reading about Rochester with 80.9 inches for the season.  Maybe ! We have seen 10 to 12 inches all season. 

Just more evidence that my mind is slowly going, well possibly not that slowly.:huh: Or maybe just getting soggy. We have had two months of rain with less than three days of non rain. That is unusual even for us.  I know it was one of you guys out east somewhere but I can't remember who!

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Oh the big storms keep coming, they just seem to miss my neck of the woods. Must be the mountains deflecting them or something like that; like maybe the weather people cannot calculate wind speed and direction ;)

10 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

Oh the big storms keep coming, they just seem to miss my neck of the woods. Must be the mountains deflecting them or something like that; like maybe the weather people cannot calculate wind speed and direction ;)

We had two storms on the back of each other in ten days  over here  - massive flooding  lots of folks lost their homes.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

1 minute ago, Jack12477 said:

OC, yes I read about those storms. Europe even gave them names.  Hope you were not affected by them.

We were lucky  being kind of high up  most of the flooding happened kind of around us,   most were affected close to rivers.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

35 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

most were affected close to rivers.

It was the same for us as far as the flooding part went. People around here keep building in the lowlands and next to the rivers. and every year they act surprised when half their house in under water. But this year it was worse than normal. W have had a number of mud slides, one of them is still moving and we have not had rain for a few days now. They even had to close a major freeway for most of the day because a mudslide covered it up and it took the rest of the day to clear it. Now watch it dry up and we won't have any rain at all for the Spring. We normally get quite a lot of rain in Spring.

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

4 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

And here I thought I had a contingent of Marines guarding the port ! :huh: 

Guess I should have asked my local Coast Guard unit to provide Port Security while I was out looking for fresh paint :D:D;)

Don't you know that we Marines were taught the fine art of pillaging and looting and also taking over unoccupied positions?  :rolleyes::rolleyes:

By the way, the paint job looks great.  (gotta keep on topic here...).

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

4 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Don't you know that we Marines were taught the fine art of pillaging and looting and also taking over unoccupied positions?  :rolleyes::rolleyes:

By the way, the paint job looks great.  (gotta keep on topic here...).

Thought that was us  Pirates  :dancetl6:

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

6 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Thought that was us  Pirates  :dancetl6:

OC.

Well... I don't think pirates would be asked to guard anything.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

16 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

Thought that was us  Pirates 

Pirates !?!?!?!  Here ??!?!?! 

I thought they had all been banished to that other ocean   You know ! The one that shares the same acronym with that Classic American Military dish, "Cream Chipped Beef on Toast" or better known to American GIs as "Sheit on a Shingle" ;):D:D

Moving right along - we have some more progress to the model. Note the corrugated Chrome plated dual exhaust pipes.  Man were they ever a bugger to get installed.  Hood, trunk and side trim are just dry fitted for now. 

IMG_7856.JPG

IMG_7858.JPG

IMG_7857.JPG.2806dbb71966bbd5f6271a54bf0e5618.JPGIMG_7859.JPG.912af16e5a1ef9b013bde1fab8356ff1.JPGIMG_7860.JPG.d6784f48149b62b2c2acf4c85ce702ca.JPGIMG_7861.JPG.e684455fbef021e85abce965ea7a6bbd.JPG

Stay tuned !

Edited by Jack12477

look'in gansta Jack........sorry.....my kids are affecting my mind  :D    love the combo!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Nice.....  very nice.   

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Finished

Windshield got a little messy - fell out twice on me - used Gator Grip Acrylic glue first time - 2nd time use G-S Hypo Cement - smudged it a bit putting it back in. Otherwise all came out okay - applied two coats of Pledge floor wax over the acrylic paint body before gluing on the chrome fiddly bits.

IMG_7862.JPG.deb945494525fc8b7a22e24906b2dfc1.JPGIMG_7863.JPG.7b976b78eada7dc7cc146e453c5ee8d1.JPGIMG_7864.JPG.243e060368d6c086205c6203c2540ce8.JPGIMG_7865.JPG.6bdaf1cd7888aad0593cc396b5e435e8.JPGIMG_7866.JPG.cb55f86602fd59b6b9b203114a375921.JPGIMG_7867.JPG.afda9fb8f926e06eb6bc35384a3ba83f.JPGIMG_7868.JPG.1d512e2b18a7f4e9e2b665ef9a59c20a.JPGIMG_7869.JPG.7dbf9be447178e868ff948f7d885672e.JPGIMG_7870.JPG.4bf3217bfeb0ef86e5f5871db463e127.JPG

Now to shrink the kids and take a ride in the Countryside

IMG_7871.JPG.610404a898791377e7f2e03fd2d148e5.JPGIMG_7872.JPG.e9ad804deb7e61b715bc2c6245cab2a0.JPG